The MUMMY

by purplesofa 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Tuesday night I saw an advanced screening of The Mummy. We got free tickets, my niece and I. It was first come first serve. We got the early but were late, as there was only two seats left, only single seating. So we did not get to sit together but we got in.

I have not seen the other two Mummy movies. My niece is a huge Mummy fan often repeating lines from the prior movies back to me.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, on the seating. I sat on a row reserved for the TV people and press. They gave up one of their seats for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the movie and enjoyed it very much. Had the best seats in the place, afterall they were reserved for the media!!!

My niece did not like Brandon Frasers new wife, since I did not know the other one, she was fine to me.

After it was over I asked the editor from the paper if he liked the movie and he said it was "OK"

which I took as he did not like it.

Oh well, I never went to advanced screening, they gave away prizes and did some silly stuff before the movie. FREE FREE FREE, it was all ok with me!

Any Mummy fans out there?

I am going to a concert next week and got the last ticket before it SOLD OUT!!!! I think Jehovah is on my side!

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Brendon, not Brandon,

he is really soooo sooo cute

alt

• DJK
    DJK

Me thinks his co-star is cute.

Photo

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Taking the girl to see it this weekend. I can't wait. I'm a huge Mummy fan. I've got both on DVD and watch them allot.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Yup, he's more than cute, he's downright Yummy!

Love the Mummy movies and I am looking forward to seeing this one, however, I was disheartened to find out that Rachel Wiesz wasn't going to be in it. I think it will be weird to see another female play that role. Is she supposed to be playing the same character or is she the second wive?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

same wife.....

and the kid is not a kid he is a grown man....

purps

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

same wife.....

and the kid is not a kid he is a grown man....

purps

See, that's just wrong, she can't play Evie.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Purps how lucky you were to get in and see the Preview with a great Seat!!!!! I didn't know they were doing another Mummy Movie, I loved the last two. I like Rachel Weitz so it will seem strange to not have her in it and for the Kid to be all grown up. I just looked it up and Maria Bello is the new wife of Brendan Frazer. She is more blondish but very attractive of course.

Thanks for the heads up on the Movie

Velvet

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

They shouldn't have tried to replace Evie. I'm going to see the movie anyway, because my son and I are big Mummy fans, but I think it was a mistake to cast another actress as Evie when it would have taken all of two sentences to explain why she wasn't there.

Anybody see Brendan Fraser in "Gods and Monsters"? He showed good acting range in that movie and I'd like to see him pick more serious projects occasionally.

Nina

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Gods and Monsters was the only movie where I felt Brendan Frasier was trying to really act. In everything else I've seen him in he seems so stilted and unprofessional. School Ties was OK, but next to Matt Damon he still looks like an amateur.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit