New to the Board, From Dallas, Texas

by Buster Dallas 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Buster Dallas
    Buster Dallas

Thanks everyone. I'll start looking for threads to share my experience, strength and hope!

All the best to everyone.

Kerry

• Buster Dallas
    Buster Dallas

Chris, Presly does sound familiar. The group of kids I hung out with would have been at White Rock at that time (Alexanders, Beebes).

Kerry

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Salutations! I'm in the Dallas area, but I moved here to sorta get away from everything, so I never went to the meetings here save for one memorial when I was feeling guilty one year.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    (Alexanders, Beebes).

Wow that's a blast from the past. Yes I was good friends with the Alexanders. We moved back to White Rock right after Carl died in 1986. Kinda weird that Wanda married Paul, I mean the two couples were really good friends for years.

Nina and I hooked up with Paula after her divorce from Kelly a few years ago. Last I heard she was living in Mesquite.

"Group of kids"? So I'm guessing you're quite a bit younger than me. So let's see, did you know Jesika Thoman? Or actually any of the Thomans. If you were in White Rock, you'd have known them for sure.

You may not know my parents. They were forgettable people and if memory serves they moved out of White Rock by 1988 or so. Somewhere in there.

I don't mean to pry, but how long have you been out? If you'd feel more comfortable, send me a PM. My wife, Nina, is a lot better on names and people than I am. There's quite a few Dallas area people on this board. Not as much as there used to be, but still quite a few.

Chris

• donny
    donny
    Welcome to JWD......Always good to see more Texans joining

I spent the first 40 years of my life in Dallas, Texas and when I left the Society in 1992 I was really wanting to meet others who had left. But it seemed like all of the former JW's were either in California or the East Coast. Now that I am in California, it seems like ex-JW's from Texas are coming out of the woodwork.

Welcome to the fold!!!!

• Buster Dallas
    Buster Dallas

I'll be 40 here in a few days. I'm familiar with the Thomans. I think she is a few years younger than me. My congregation was Southgate in Garland but I went to White Rock to see my friends. I was good friends with Paula's younger brothers. Kelly's little sister, Sharon, was my first girlfriend.

I guess Paul and Wanda were just two people in the same place at the same time, both losing their spouses. They were, as couples, very close. I hope they are all still doing well.

I stopped going completely in the early 90's. Intellectually, I was able to distance myself from the dogma while in college, but emotionally, I still have to be aware that my upbringing effects my thinking in terms of trust issues, black and white thinking, etc.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I just wanted to welcome you!!

I have spent the last 20 years in Gainesville, TX!!

I used to work at RHD and Methodist hospitals.

When I left this cult, I ran as fast as I could to texas!!

shelley

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hi Kerry, welcome. I knew many of the people from those halls. I would guess you know Dave Matoni? What is your last name?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Phi! P a r r i s h is my brother. He is still in. I thank god, am out!!

Welcome!!!!

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Well Hey Another N. Texan! Welcome!!. I wasn't from those congos since I was a little more south (Oak Cliff area; Beverly Hills) I may know of or heard of a few names tho. Good to meet ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit