If you do, they win.

Go with your nature

If the other person isn't moved by your action

at least you were true to yourself

Course............

I could be wrong

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Send a cactus arrangement... she'll never figure out what you really mean! LOL

• amama2six
    amama2six

Maybe so, Yikes, but that doesn't mean I want to stoop to her level. That would mean I'm no better than her. Did I tell you when she and my Dad were preparing to fight my daughter's father in court for her a few months ago she wrote an 8 page report on how evil I am? Every mistake I've ever made, every "perceived" mistake I've ever made, and whatever other rubbish she could throw in there. I really wish I had a copy of it to read.

I would love to go up there and do a bunch of nice stuff for her; clean her house, cook her meals, etc. and see what she has to say about me then. Might not change her attitude toward me much, but it could make her think twice. More than anything it would show my Dad how manipulative she's been in convincing him I am someone I'm not and it would show my daughter the same.

• amama2six
    amama2six

LOL Kinjiro!

• caliber
    caliber

amama2six

Gain peace in your heart... the high road is the dry road which is much safer and comforting !

Caliber

• DJK
    DJK

Is your daughter old enough to help your parents in this situation?

I would send a card to the hospital and maybe have flowers waiting at her home the day she is released.

Sending the wicked witch a new broom might be a nice touch too.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Being kind is always the best thing to do. Don't go broke doing it though just do what you can afford to be kind. Give her a call, send a card thank her for the nice things she has done for you give her love.

LD

• amama2six
    amama2six

DJK...yes, my daughter is old enough to help. Thing is, she's been helping most of her life. Before this there was the knee replacement surgery (pity that's the side she shattered...it WAS her good side!) and general inability of my stepmother to walk very well or do too much on her own. My little girl was there through it all...getting her things she needed, cleaning house for her, etc. All things a child of her age shouldn't HAVE to do. She's not a nurse or hired help, she's a kid.

My father already does so much for this woman, as well, and now he's going to be stuck with three jobs, housecleaning, cooking, and caring for HER. I want to scoop him up and give him a LIFE...if only for a few days. He's told my brother that he is not happy with her but wants to remain true to his marital vows to care for her. He said if he left she would have nobody and may become suicidal...something he does not want on his conscience. I respect him for that but at the same time feel bad for him. I often wonder if things would be different for us if he was a happier person, himself.

I'll definitely be doing something nice, I'm weighing my options versus the financial repurcussions involved and will follow through with whatever I can manage.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Well I just briefly talked to my husband...his first words were "Well that's what she gets...what goes around comes around!" I think he despises her more than I do...lol.

He got mad when I suggested finding a way to get me up there. Me jeapordizing our finances to help her is the last thing he wants me to do. I can't say I blame him...he doesn't understand what my doing that would mean to ME even if it means nothing to anyone else. I might just have to go for the thoughtful "gift from afar" instead...

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    don't ask me what an overweight 53 year old woman with bad knees is doing on a MOPED

Maybe her broom was broken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit