Baby is here! Photos attached!

by LDH 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey great news Lisa! Julius looks like a wonderful baby!

My only daughter is also inter-racial. Her skin was SO dark, people (being as they are) wondered whether I was the dad.

All I could tell such idiots is, ask my daughter! She'll tell you who her daddy is!! (AND... she loves her daddy very much! She turns 3 next month.)

Again, congrats!!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Monica
    Monica

LDH,

What a beautiful baby!! Gorgeous! Congratulations to you and your family!

Monica

• LDH
    LDH

I just want to say thank you to everyone who sent well wishes.

Took baby Julius to the Pediatrician yesterday--he's gained a pound and a half in one week. I am blessed to have high fat high calorie and plenty of it breastmilk.

(now, if only I could do something about those sore boobs.....)

Lisa

• termite 35
    termite 35

congratulations XXX simply adorable.

• outnfree
    outnfree

OOOOOOhhh! I LOVE babies!
    And Julius is a particularly appealing little guy!

Congratulations to Lisa and Mr. LDH on a job well done.

And as much as I love babies, I HATED sore boobs! Lotion and warm washcloths, honey!

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Lisa, CONGRATS!! He's beautiful.

He does have kind of a papal look goin' in that on pic though?? What's up with that?

• dubla
    dubla

lisa-

i caught this thread a few days late it seems.....just want to say congratulations! what a great baby....makes me want to have one of my own. anyone want to help me out?

aa

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Lisa,

When I was 10 years old, my family (white) adopted my little brother Jesse who is black. We got tired of the questions too and my father and mother both came up with really cool responses.

My Dad used to say ..."My wife ... she burns everything!"

My mom would tell people that he used to have freckles just like her and the all grew together.

Dumb questions deserve dumb answers.

My husband and I both have very dark hair and our son has wispy blonde fuzz. Many people have asked where the hair came from .... I tell them that we were both fair haired when we were younger and then I follow up with "of course the mailman is blonde!"

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

BTW .... I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

• TR
    TR

Congrats, Lisa!

But, I am glad my "baby" is almost 15.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit