SOME OF YOU ARE SCARY

by beerose 40 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

So where will we hold our....um.....meetings?

• amama2six
    amama2six

I'm in!

I dontreallygiveashit where we hold our meetings.

• changeling
    changeling

Hi! Scary atheist here!

I feel you have fallen into the very common and ignorant misconception that atheists are morally debased criminals.

If you were to take a poll in a maximum security prison (where the real bad guys go) you will find that most of them believe in God. Does this mean that "believers" are bad people? No! But it does show you that belief in God and morality do not necessarily go hand in hand.

On the other hand, if you questioned some of the most generous philanthropists and humanitarians on the planet, you will find that a surprising number of them are at least agnostic.

You are operating under a false premise. Educate yourself, please.

changeling :)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Do I have to start at minstriational servant and move up, or can I just claim all privileges now? I'll follow Priest's direction...and the Holy BFD...

• amama2six
    amama2six

I think there should be "Menstruation Servants" instead of "Ministerial Servants"...to make up for the years us women were viewed as the "weaker vessel"...not good enough for higher levels of authority in the congregation.

• Yikes
    Yikes

A26 you crack me up.... "weaker vessel"

It was a slave camp for women, back to the 50's....

I love the little sayings...good humor.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

WOW beerose, I'm atheist and I've never even considered raping or killing anyone. As a matter of fact i'm in the business of saving lives. Where ever did you get that notion from? Just because we don't believe in the holy babel and god and jesus and all that stuff, makes us rapists and murderers?

No one told you to through your god away and if they did you need to address that individual, mkay?

Welcome to JWD

nj

• Robdar
    Robdar

BOO!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm my own goddess and I am very forgiving when I make mistakes.

I love and respect me very much now that I have begun acknowledging my own divinity.

I acknowledge that everyone else is divine, as well.

It's such a peaceful and satisfying way to be.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Beerose,

I have done nothing of what you speak. Those are horrible things of which I do not need to be forgiven.

I forgive myself of other things that may have hurt others or myself.

I am powerful enough to forgive myself without the aid of the god/Jesus of the Bible.

I just wished that everyone was as powerful as that.

I depend on myself and the one I hurt to forgive me.

It's no one else's business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit