I'm feeling sad.......I LOST it all in a moment of weakness

by journey-on 38 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Just a one up. Locks of Love will not take hair that has been dyed or bleached. My sister-in-law told me that when her sister joined the army she had 21 inches of hair chopped off. She tried to donate it to Locks of Love; but they turned it down because it had been bleached.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    She tried to donate it to Locks of Love; but they turned it down because it had been bleached.

Well, at least they're showing some good sense.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Yes, I got my waist-length hair cut short short short. I want it ba-a-a-ck!

I got my waist-length hair cut too, a few months ago. I got about 4to5 inches off myself and then got 11 inches cut off at the salon. I did get to donate that hair to cancer patients through Pantene.

The last few days I have really been wishing I had never done it.

Seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

purps

• John Doe
    John Doe

I guess now is not the time to say "Oh my gosh! You look so much different and better! Did you get your hair cut?!?"

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Well Darlin'... I'm so sorry you're not liking it. I just cut my long hair off two weeks ago, a short, kicky, awesome style... I LOVE IT!

My Honey was the one who panicked.

The great thing about hair? It actually GROWS, right on your head! It will grow long enough that you can at least go get a style you like if this one isn't working for you.

I know what you mean though, you are having nothing less than an identity crisis. You have been known for your hair... or at least you think of yourself that way. You are not your hair. Rock on, Girl.

Love,
    Baba.

• yknot
    yknot

I am so sorry, I too did a similar thing the day after my last meeting......and my hair takes forever to grow back.....

So I went to a beauty supply shop and had one of my dear sweet (read a real doll) black friends help me pick out hair to weave on to my own.

I went from a Rihanna Bob to soft waves again in about 3 hours......she is a genius! No one can tell, most think I have switched to a volumnize hair shampoo!......

So if you still find yourself grieving after 5 days...it is something to consider!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I did that once, cut all my hair off, it wasn't pretty. I regretted it almost immediately. Thankfully, it does grow back. Give yourself time to like it, you might even grow to love it.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    you are having nothing less than an identity crisis

BabaYaga...Yes, that is kind of what you feel. I look in the mirror and it feels like I'm looking at someone else, and I want the old girl back.

yknot...I probably won't get so distraught that I would get a weave....but after a week of I may decide otherwise.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Short hair is SEXY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit