Tommorow I'm throwing away my theocrapic library...I'm leaving my wife.

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• logic
    logic

If you destroy the crap you are doing the society a favor. They are glad to see most of their old crap destroyed. It is best to let some one who is good at picking it apart for the benefit of the upcoming suckers have it. Thank goodness all the real old crap was not destroyed. Crooks and liars do not like a paper trail. I am suprised the society does not make their literature self destructive after two years. But on the other hand , I myself do thow some of it away just to get that feeling, it is hard to resist.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

wow 007 take it slow...

Hope4, don't need the old books anymore, they don't sell! :-))

not worth much on ebay, toss 'em

besides he is NOT IN DA MOOD

chill guy

be kul and breathe deep.

http://freeminds.org/video/ocean.ram

Randy

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    Cindi - perhaps you should go back and read another thread of his. *He* is not terminating it. The wife wants too.

I just read his other thread. I'm sorry. Sometimes I go and read without checking who's post is it.

So I read she's been out for a while now too. And she is the one who wants to terminate the marriage anyway. These situations are very difficult to give counsel on. Have you thought about visiting a marriage counselor? If so, and hasn't worked, then consider visiting a psychologist for your own sake. Going through this without help is indeed very stressing and could lead to severe depressions. Of course we can counsel all we want, but I read your other post, and you seem to be heading in that direction already and we are no experts here, only people with good intentions to help.

Vent here all you want if that helps you calm down a little, but if you have the means, please seek professional help so you can overcome all these feelings of impotence and guilt you might be feeling. I've been there, I know how much depression can hurt. Don't give up on yourself and think as positive as you can.

Take care

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I've been through divorce. It is so stressful! Nothing compares to it. Take care of yourself.

As for the books, I had quite a few around here til recently. My son now loves a woman with three daughters.

The 9 yr old was going through my books and started looking at one of the WT books. I told her to put it down

because it was bad. She looked at me really funny, like "If it is bad, why do you have it???"

I read Paradise Lost as a 9 year old and it greatly impacted my life in ways I'm still figuring out.

Seeing her holding that book brought flashbacks. I burned them all a few days later.

It felt GREAT to be rid of them. Do what you must to feel better.

sacrebleu

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Think of marriage as a business relationship. If it stopped working for one or both partners, and can't find an agreeable way to make it right or work out the differences, then it would be better to walk away with the good memories you have/cut your losses, then start over.

It's only going to work if both are moving in the same direction.

I wish you peace and happiness on your new ventures.

lisa

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Tomorrow this will all seem so blue but blue skies are everwhere after a rain storm leaves. The matter of marriage termination is part of scripture. BUT the WT abuses people by it and inconsistently applies their make-believe Bible based rules. Do what is right. A good conscience before God is paramount. "The head of every man is the Christ."

The priesthood of all believers means that we each have access to God through Christ without human intermediators. You answer only to him. He means what he said about marriage.

I took my WT books and flipped throught the pages while spraying the hose in them and then squished the water into the book. Then I dumped soiled Cat litter on some of them. Check the post on going to church in this section its new.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=

Regards,

Paul

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

When I finally tossed mine it filled three entire garbage cans. They were so heavy that the city guys wouldn't take them I had to put them in bags (lots of bags) to get them hauled off. Of course now I could have recycled them but back then I couldn't... Oh well rats need places to shit too!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The only definitive things I can say is do not let the literature fall into the hands of children or anyone other than mature minded scholars, as it is harmful matter.

And don't let your emotions run rampant against the ex. Even if you feel she wronged you, be noble and recognize you chose her to be part of your life for a season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit