Will the Organization fall apart?

by BonaFide 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
  • insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

What has amazed me is how insulated the wts seems to be from the media in the US. There are constant changes in their doctrines on issues such as blood, where a lot of folks have died by following their guidance, and the papers, radio and television outlets seem to stay silent.

The child abuse scandal that has been uncovered, even with the settlement, just seems to have been brushed aside, even though with 'more mainstream' churches, a lot of these sorts of incidents get press, maybe not leading off the national network news, but at least on the 'other stories' page in the newspaper. Outside of the posts on this site and links from freemind, I would have never have known these stories have broken.

Education is also something that one would think would get some reaction by the media outlets. Quotes from the DC or from their literature are priceless, no way this stuff could be made up, and the ignorant stance of the society would shine....brightly!

One would think that in an election year with such a huge effort to register voters as well as medicine being such a central part of the campaigns, there would be some mention at least of a block of folks who are not voters, who believe in a strange medical practice that is often quite expensive to deal with, but who are still willing to be first in line when the governments are handing things out!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With the Washtowel Slaveholdery, if trickery fails, they resort to force. Those who have left will simply be recaptured and herded back into the center of the fold, hosted, and not be permitted to escape. That is what cults are capable of doing, and I see this one becoming that kind of a cult.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

I don't think it will happen for a while.

An "experience" of mine out in service, a guy said he liked the "Rules" that his religion had for him. He didn't seem to be joking, either. There's always people who deep down want to be led.

• seek2find
    seek2find

I think there is a partial if not total collapse coming. To many things are happening that don't seem fixable. Its like a rotten fence that is continually being repainted to keep it looking nice, but the paint does nothing to stave off the eventual collapse. The corruption is there and it doesn't seem to be going away. I think more events like the one that happened this last weekend in Bates city Mo. will happen. The more they happen, the more difficult it will be to keep them quite, a snowball effect will take place and who knows what will happen. People need to get out while there is still time. You lurkers, now is the time to educate yourselves and if you still believe in God, ask his guidance, he will help if you ask. seek2find

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I never used to think so, but recent changes have got me wondering. They would not fall apart altogether, but a shakeup may be on the cards.

• zagor
    zagor

Everything people make fails sooner or later. It always has been that way and it will always be, there is nothing out of this world about it. In fact, if it stayed despite everything that would be a sign that we might be wrong and there is something greater behind them. But chances of that are, well, non-existent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit