Will the Organization fall apart?

by BonaFide 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Major changes in meetings, the weird drama this year, and just people reading on the Internet, are causing a lot to leave the Organization, or just fade. Is it possible that, just like a house of cards, the whole thing will fall apart soon? I mean, this may be wishful thinking, but is it possible that people will start to dissassociate themselves in bigger numbers, then groups and families will do so, then bigger and bigger groups of friends will do it, and then people who hear about this will check on the Internet and then do the same thing, then congregations have to be dissolved and merged, then the talks start getting meaner, and that makes even more people quit, then thousands start to leave.

Possible?

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Many on this board think not. They'll always be growth in poorer countries, immigrant populations, die-hard JW's who'll stay if there's only one other JW on the planet etc, etc.

However, none of us can predict the future and to any who have read the book "The Tipping Point", nothing is impossible.

I really hope it will fall apart and we get out loved ones back.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

It wouldn't surprise me if the lawyers and dark forces at the top of the organization engineer a crash and divide up the spoils.

Lots of people have said they've been doing this for a 150 years, changing doctrine etc, but it aint like the good old days anymore.

• karter
    karter

I think it will always be around in some form there are alot of people who even if they were shown it was wrong will still go along with it becouse its there life theres know were else to go.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

NEVER

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

nah, just shrink down to a small ultra-hardcore group

• Gopher
    Gopher

They've been cracking down sternly in the past 3 decades. They either will continue that trend and keep a smaller hard core of followers, or relax and go a bit more "mainstream" when some of the current gerentocrats die off.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

mainstream allows for independent thinking.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

it has evolved and will continue too. It's not really an ORANIZATION but a DISORGANZATION.

alt

• moshe
    moshe

There is too much WT money to ignore, but once the people in charge figure out that Jehovah's Witnesses is a sham I believe something major will happen- it's called the money grab. Maybe they will just go to an online/download WT magazine for everyone and eliminate all the magazine printing. They have already found out the publishers will study the Revelation book 3 times. They have plenty of old books to recycle that way. District conventions will just become an internet video feed of talks for the publishers to watch at their convenience- all to save them travel expenses- meat in due season with no motel or gasoline bills. Ain't jehoobah great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit