31 Years A Watchtower Slave

by truthseeker 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Whether individuals formally leave or not, most JW's do have a 'shelf life'! 30 years seems to be the magic number, take or give a few.

Outaservice

Beautifully stated.

Let's see - baptism 1973. Figured it out 2004. Yep 31 years.

I sometimes say 45 years though - since I was indocted as a 4 year old.

Interesting observation about 'shelf life'. There do seem to be a bunch of us 40 or 50 somethings around here.

Jeff

• choosing life
    choosing life

I woke up after 30 years also, so maybe there is a limit to the amount of nonsense that you can stuff in your head.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

33 years for us also. I want to read your book when it comes out. All the best with the rest.

Blueblades

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Daniel-p

Thanks for kind comments - I've read your story and you are a wonderfully talented writer. You bring your story to life. Look forward to chapter 11.

• fern
    fern

congratulations and breathe a sigh of relief......you'll feel better now

Fern

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Truthseeker said

''I don't think I'll ever completely forget my life as a JW - it defined me and my outlook on life even though my outlook has changed'' .

I agree.

Wish you all the best.

Thomas Covenant

• uninformed
    uninformed

truthseeker you wrote:

I was raised in the truth but I never really put my heart and soul into the religion. I probably come under the category of "good for nothing slave", but a slave I was to the master's doctrine and dogma.

I never gave whole souled service so I buried my talent instead of depositing it in Watchtower Bank.

It's good to be free.

You won't be free until you can quit saying of them that they are the "TRUTH".

Took me and my wife 45 and 50 years to get out.

Congratulations for where you are.

Brant

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I also hid my "talent" instead of going back on calls. Typically I got a few people on initial calls, but I would dog it and frequently got "Not Interested" and not at homes. Plus wasting time on hunting for calls--if they pass a place, I just kept my big mouth shut and let them keep going.

Ultimately, I slithered right out by not going to any more boasting sessions. I also quit field circus by pulling no shows.

• hotspur
    hotspur

He he! 33 years for me as well.

I remember when Schell's book came out and the then C. Servant said, "It took thirty years to find that out. Not very clever then." Well, he got disfellowshipped about 15 years later!

There is only so much the human psyche can endure on the the basis of "This is the Truth".

Abolish slavery should be the cry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit