31 Years A Watchtower Slave

by truthseeker 28 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It's over. I'm out. My other half has accepted this.

After many years of fading I have stopped going altogether. I still have friends and family in so I'm happy to remain inactive.

I was never a very good Watchtower slave to begin with.

I was raised in the truth but I never really put my heart and soul into the religion. I probably come under the category of "good for nothing slave", but a slave I was to the master's doctrine and dogma.

I never gave whole souled service so I buried my talent instead of depositing it in Watchtower Bank.

It's good to be free.

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to freedom.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thank you Poppers.

It feels good.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Glad you're finally out. It is very discouraging to sit at the meetings and be told to constantly do more and more. You can never know when you've pleased their god, according to them. It's always "maybe" you will be saved.

Maybe you should dig that talent up and put it to use in something that brings you joy in life. Or leave it buried and forget the whole mess. Good luck with the rest of your life!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I haven't put a report in for six months. I don't go to any meetings anymore.

I plan on writing a book about my life in the faith. I never held a position of authority in the org but my observations and experiences may help many to break free. It will be more than just a story - I want it to be a full reference work on Jehovah's Witnesses.

I don't think I'll ever completely forget my life as a JW - it defined me and my outlook on life even though my outlook has changed.

I don't plan to waste my talent!

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Congratulations !!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    I probably come under the category of "good for nothing slave

The Society is diligent in it's efforts to make all the rank and file feel this way.

I grew up fourth generation JW, I didn't leave until my 30's. I've never met a JW with good healthy self-esteem.

They can't control you unless they make you feel worthless.

Welcome TruthSeeker, it's a bigger, better world out here.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Congratulations! You did the right thing!

Stick around!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks everyone. I do plan on sticking around for a very long time.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

31 years is a long time, It is still hard to make a clean cut after so long.... for me anyways. The fading has worked for

us for 10yrs, although I'm sure one day I will want it to be final.

Good Luck to you with your fade and new freedom...

h40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit