Why did David bring Golaith's head to Jerusalem?

by VM44 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

If the bible isn't saying so , I guess I can speculate with the best of them , David wanted to show the evidence that "Jehovah" had sunk the sling stone in goliaths head. We all know it was against Jewish law to leave the dead unburied over night even ,so the belief of using it on a stick to warn others is not kosher.

• VM44
    VM44

What I want to know is if the writer of the book of Samuel made an error in saying David went to Jerusalem.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

the Bible is all fictitious..... So who knows.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe they wanted to have an ancient Warren Commission to finally prove or disprove the single rock theory?

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I thought the bringing of the head to what would become Jerusalem was in preparation to fufill the curse made in the garden of Eden. The whole Genesis 3:15 and 16 'I will put enmity between you and the woman', 'your offspring and her offspring' and 'he will crush your head and you will bruise his heel.'

The serpent or devil's seed would be the giants from the nephilim, which Goliath of Gath would have been a descendant. David, or God's seed, beheads Goliath and buries the head in a hill outside of Jerusalem. Jesus is crucified on a hill outside of Jerusalem known as 'skull place' or Golgotha (is that from Goliath of Gath? I dunno) or 'bruises' him. Meanwhile, his blood is dripping onto the skull of the seed of Satan or 'crushing' his skull.

This kind of stuff makes my head hurt, though, because I thought the Neph-meisters were killed off in the flood. Maybe the Neph were really good swimmers.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    james_woods: Maybe they wanted to have an ancient Warren Commission to finally prove or disprove the single rock theory?

Back....and to the left.

• VM44
    VM44

Why all the excuses? The writer slipped up.

What I want to know is why didn't anyone back then bring this mistake to his attention?

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle
    Why all the excuses? The writer slipped up.

I guess I'm not understanding what you are hunting for. Are you saying that the writer of the Samuels messed up because he used 'Jerusalem' for the place David took the head because it wasn't named that at the time due to being owned by Jebusites? All of the Samuels were written after the events took place, so it might not be that unusual for a writer to use the current name. Besides, even Moses recognized the city as Jerusalem in his day. Check out how he described Melchizedek in Genesis 14:18.

Or am I just missing your point? Your point, missing it I am.

• VM44
    VM44

Well, I guess I wonder why David would go to Jerusalem with a trophy if the city belonged to the Jebusites.

There is no reason given for him doing that.

• minimus
    minimus

Jebus was Jerusalem, originally before David captured it. After showing Goliath's head, they were next.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit