Lurker for a long time, finally decided to take the plunge!

by Momma-Tossed-Me 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

First of all I would like to thank all of you for your help! I say this because I have been helped so much by the many posts that represent the way I feel about the WTBTS.

It is good to know that there are so many people that feel this way. I am currently inactive and dont comment but do attend meetings for the sake of the family.

My wife is still in and I have a daughter and one on the way. My veiw of life has become so much more positive now that I am not living with the fear that I may not make it into the New World, it truly gives you a new perspective being free.

I hope that my wife will someday be able to feel this as well. We currently have spoken about the way I feel but since then I think we don't feel free to express ourselves to each other. I will try though at appropriate times.

My whole family is in as well and that to makes it difficult to just leave, I am third generation JW.. Dad is a PO, mom is a Pioneer. I was a pioneer and in Bethel for a time (Patterson 95-96 and Wallkill 96-97 the Farm Crew in Landscaping).

I currently live in North Florida and look forward to meeting some of you.

MTM

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Welcome Aboard MTM- Sounds like the Floridians may have some company once the colder season comes.

• flipper
    flipper

MOMMA TOSSED ME- Welcome to the board friend ! I too was raised in the witness cult- 44 years. Got out 5 years ago ! You will find lots of comfort and support here ! My wife and I welcome you ! Look forward to hearing more from you ! There are many on this board with wives still in like you ! I'm sure you will hear soon from them ! Take care, hang in there ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Grammy
    Grammy

Welcome to the board

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Hi M-T-M !
    Welcome to the forum.
    you say you're in northern Fla. and look forward to meeting some.
    Not sure how close you are to Jacksonville but saw on here earlier a thread of some going to get together there. Just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't seen it yet.

Looking forward to hearing more from you,
    StoneWall

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Hi Momma-Tossed-Me, (now…we couldn’t get away with a name like that in this country)

Great that you’re here. Really looking forward to hearing more about you.

Sticky situation you are in. Hope you know what you are in for….But I am sure that everyone will be with you all the way….

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Come on in, the water's fine. Welcome.

• gymbob
    gymbob

MTM~

Welcome! I lurked for a while too, I think most of us did a little. You will be glad you, "took the plunge", the water's fine....

Can you tell us more about your story? Gymbob

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit