I'm so down...my birthday is tomorrow and...

by FreedomFrog 27 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I've just noticed wrinkles on my hands.

Get the strongest alpha hydroxy product and use it on your hands daily and a good handcream. You will see a difference in a few weeks.

Freedom, your words touch my heart. You are a brave lady. You're a hardworking, hard loving, single mother. You're bettering yourself by going to school and setting a good example for your kids. Your time is gonna come. But meanwhile, remember what Carly Simon sang ,"And stay right here, 'cause these are the good old days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GWa2-AJ8GI

I'm sure you are lovely. And for the record, I had feelings like you are having, at 41. It took three months to get through my mid life crisis. What finally resonated with me was that I now have a bit of wisdom and respect. I like that. It feels comfortable.

I am struggling like you, to be a single mother to my grandson. I work two part time jobs and don't make enough money to make ends meet. I understand how disheartening life as a single mother can be.

Seriously though, I will be 50 on my next birthday. I have anti wrinkle cream, but lately I've just said screw it. I don't care. I don't have a degree and don't know when I can get back in school. We'll cry together if you want to.

I've learned to appreciate the way I look. You know, you look back at pictures and wonder why you didn't realize how great you really did look in your 30's and 40's and enjoy it. And hey, everybody you went to school with is getting older, too. One of the guys I knew in highschool that blatantly crushed on me, told me recently that this beautiful girl in our class, Hildegard S. looks terrible compared to me. He told me I have "stunning eyes" and even made a play for me. I am not thin either.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Thanks everyone!

We will send you a beautiful Ficus, or send you a gift certificate for a flower shop or garden center near you . . . .. . PM me if you want . . or not.

Aww, that's so sweet...though the Ficus will probably thank you for not being bought at this moment since I'm moving out of here Aug. 25...heehee. It's probably for the better anyway (for the poor tree). :-)

Lisa, since Sky can claim she's 7 when she has 2 birthday parties...doesn't that mean that I can claim I'm still 35 since I haven't had any? I think it's only fair...lol. She's got the right thinking, just the wrong adding...heehee.

You're just tired, overworked and lonely. What you need is a good rest, but you have stuff to accomplish first. Hang in there, your class is almost over and you'll be so glad. Just get up, put on some loud music, do a little boogie in front of the mirror, shake your booty until you're tired. Then get back to work!!!

You're right, I am tired and overworked...I'm not as lonely as I had been and that's been nice break but I think it has a lot to do with that I'm working so much. I so need a rest though. After my final I think I will get that break because I won't have to stay up so late studying what 2x+3y < 6 or y = 2/3 x + 2 is for quite a while..then I can shake my booty...heehee

You're prob stressed, over-worked, not enought sleep, not eating good!

sleep? eating? what's that?

Are you in my part of Ohio (SW)? I'll bring you some books, too! And a big ol' margarita!

I live right in the middle...margarita sounds good...as long as I have a friend to share it with...you like darts? pool? If you're close enough, maybe we can hook up just to chat or something. I have a few friends that are on here but they are an hour or more from me and the way gas prices are I can barely get across town....can you believe $20. will only get me a 1/4 of tank???? If you live an hour or less maybe we can meet half way, that way neither one of us have to spend so much gas. That's what my ex friend (who is a devout JW) and I did.

No wonder you are feeling down. Algebra!! That is a tough one!!!! You will feel relief when that is over. I took Algebra a few semesters back. I am 56-I wanted to run away screaming before each class, but stuck with it and made a B.

Oh, I thought it was just me...I am so sickened by Algebra that I wanna go sreamin'. Did you ever go to bed trying to get rest only to have numbers and figures haunt you in your dream??? LOL I SO don't like math, I am so sick of this class, and if my professor heard me I'd get a lecture of why I should like math and why it should be fun. Only one more week...just hope I can pass my finals so I don't have to take this class over again.

Get the strongest alpha hydroxy product and use it on your hands daily and a good handcream. You will see a difference in a few weeks.

Is that the secret? I'll have to try that. Thanks FHN!

Well, I'm finished with tonights homework and it's only 1.35am....so off to bed with me. My kids come back tomorrow morning so I'm excited to have them on my birthday.

Goodnight everyone...and thanks!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Sweet eFFie,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and hoping you'll be cheerier soon.

I just had a b'day and it was close friends and nonJW family who remembered and celebrated with me.

Oh well!

Love and best wishes,

CoCo

• quietlyleaving
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My last birthday, JG kindly shared chinese food with me. Otherwise, I'd have been alone. Thanks again, JG.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

So send us your new address when you move, Me and Mrs LoB will STILL buy you a Ficus . . just pay it forward to someone else on this board . . .

• JK666
    JK666

LUV YA KIDDO!

But I already sang it to you on the phone . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JK

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Enjoy your thirties. They are truly a wonderful time to live. You have so much going for you. You are back in school using your mind, your children are loving you, you don't have to look after a man, and you aren't with the cult anymore! Don't look at the negatives today or tomorrow! There is plenty of time for that another day. Don't think about it on your BD. Hope you have a wonderful day. Eat a piece of cake for me. I still haven't gotten the cake I really wanted & my birthday was the beginning of June, (I wanted a carrot cake.) I will never get used to having birthdays again. The wt spoiled it for me! I hate them for that! Oh yes, my husband told me he wanted a divorce a week before my birthday this year. That kinda took the spirit out of it this year. Sorry to bring that up. Please have the best day possible. Part take of whatever you like & be as happy as you can, that is an order, kiddo! Love you, Bubblie, K.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit