So, why do you really hate the Roman Catholic Church?

by StAnn 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not anymore

• StAnn
    StAnn

StillA, why not?

StAnn

• golf2
    golf2

My brothers and I went to the Holy Trinity Church in the South end of Boston. What I hate is evil. When you do a study about the RCC you would find that it's no longer what it use to be. The Jesuits control the RCC. Study the history of the Jesuits, very interesting.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't hate it. For from it sprang the Anglican Catholic Communion to which the Church of England and the Episcopal Church of the America's belong. I am Episcopalian.

I see a lot of good in the Catholic Church. Many of the wonderful Anglican priests that I love were once with the Roman Church.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I don't, in fact the most close Christian Early Apostolic Churches are the Roman Catholic and the Orthodox Apostolic Church.

The Papal Church holds a prominent possition in the Christian world. Plus it is much closer to the Christian Gospel from the rest of the Protestand religions and groups. It has history that goes back centuries and holds monuments of Christianity.

But what actually should a JW or anyone coming from the Protestand movement it is to examine the Christian history from the Early Church until now. Doing this there are many questions that coming up and need to be examine:

1.Is the Holy Bible the only basis for the Christian faith?

2. Were in the Bible indicates that only the Bible is our basis for our Christian Faith?

3. Who set the Biblical Canon?

4.What is the Protestand basis to accept the 66 books of the Bible instead of 77 that Orthodox and Catholic Church accepts?

5. Were in the Bible is telling us the Books that we should accept as the Biblical Canon are part of the Holy Scriptures?

6. Can you indicate a verse in the Bible that claims to be infalible?

7. Were in the Bible is telling us that the faith of the Church is being set according to the Bible and not the opposite?

8. In the Early Christian Church we had the Apostoles and the Prophets and they were appointed by the Holy Spirit Elders (Episkopoi in Greek)and this succesion is being carried for over 2000 years in the Apostolic Church, starting from James the first Bishop of Jerusalim.Do JW's or any Protestand has any Apostolic Succesion?

9. Has the Apostolic Church ever Apostasized?

10.Why do Protestands accept a Bible that was set by the Apostolic Church with Saint Athanasius(Greek Orthodox) at the 3th century who defined the Biblical canon?Is it correct on their behalf to accept a Bible that came out from the "apostate" Christians?

11. What do the writtings of the first 2 centuries of Christianity indicate to us regarding the Christian faith since we have letters from the immediate succesors of the Apostles like The letter to the Church of Magnisis from Saint Ignatios the Bishop of Antioch? It was written between 97 AD - 107AD.

12. Would Jesus allow Satan to turn the Church that He set with His Blood an "apostate"Church, and Satan would truimph over Jesus Church for hundreds of years?

I do understand why many JW's become Catholics. As a member now of the Holy Catholic Apostolic Orthodox Church I found answers to my questions to the Church that Jesus set 2000 years and still is going strong despite the many obstacles.

I know God is not a God of hate and that in the end we are ALL going to be saved by the Grace of Jesus. Because God is Love that is why Jesus blood set us free

• Sasha
    Sasha

I don't HATE them, but don't care for the doctrine. Studied all religions at one some points in my life to "prove all things"and the Catholic Church worshiped statues, made Mary a God-like thing to worship....all no good in my book. they never really preached from the Bible years ago, they did everything in Latin. And those repetitive prayers....give me a break. Jesus said God does not want to hear that and taught you how to pray.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

You mean, why does the Roman Catholic Church Hate me?

Why did they a nathematize me, for believing that salvation comes by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone?

• restrangled
    restrangled

I really don't hate the church just their history, but they have moved on.

One funny story,.... One of my dad's best friends at the KH was a former Catholic and was Russian. He use to make the joke that when attending mass, all he could understand was the following:

I-CAN-BEAT-YOU-AT-PLAYING-DOMMINOEEESSSS!! (Said in a sing/song voice)

r.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

It really is all lies. I enrolled my child in a Catholic school day-care and have found more friends in six months just pickin-up dropping-off my kid than in years of 40 hour months with the JWs.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I don't hate Roman Catholics at all. I know several that are quite active in they're church, and they don't push it on me ever.

Another JW lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit