So, why do you really hate the Roman Catholic Church?

by StAnn 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StAnn
    StAnn

This is actually a serious question.

When I was a JW, I was taught all kinds of things about how horrible the RCC is. I believed it. Many years after leaving the WTS, I began looking into the RCC for myself and discovered that everything I had been told about the RCC by the WTS was a lie. Everything. As well as what I'd been told about the rest of "christendom."

I've noticed on this board that many people very deeply despise the RCC. Here's what I want to know, and I sincerely want to know this. If you hate the RCC, why? Have you actually ever checked into the RCC and what it really teaches or are you basing your opinions on things like the slurs from the WTS you heard for so many years? If you have read, say, the Catechism and hate the RCC, what is it that you find offensive?

For instance, I have a relative who left the JWs and became Mormon. I read several LDS publications so I could decide for myself about the LDS faith from their own literature.

I'm not going to jump in and defend the RCC. Just want to know why you feel the way you feel.

StAnn

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I don't. In fact I find that catholics probe into my life a lot less than mormons and evangelicals and that is just fine in my book. Besides my love of gothic beauty extends to cathedrals and all manner of pomp and circumstance.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't hate the RCC.

If I was to become a practicer of Christianity, I would likely take a good look at the RCC. I have known many former Jw's who have made the conversion to that faith.

I agree - the Watchtower never told the truth about any religion - including it's own. It's all about fear and control - fear the other religion, and let us control you that are inside.

Jeff

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I think it's weird too, I mean not to put anyones beliefs down or anything but some on here really have a problem with the church, I think it might be left over from the JW days, I've notice that with other religions too, like Universal Church of Christ they are very hateful towards catholics. I guess it will take some people more time to get over it.

• yknot
    yknot

Hate is such a strong word......perhaps disagree is better

Anti-RCC sentiments have a long cultural history here in America and also throughout my & hubby's family

My grandmother was raised RCC. All but one of her siblings left the faith over Mary worship & required confessional to priest (back in the 20's-30's). The stories of disdain are repeated at every reunion, every year......

On my Dad's side......my aunt converted to RCC to marry. Unfortunately the RCC locally has a bit of a reputation for immorality and was the butt of all religious jokes in the community of Katy Texas......resulting in a negative 'witness' to all (and me).

My husbands mother's side is RCC.....His mother is 'inactive' due to her divorces & remarriages....and will never return....My hubby's dad's side on the other hand is Church of Christ and anti-RCC runs real deep....his mother's abandonment further deepened this by miles and miles...

I think that most of anti-RCC sentiment comes from the same place as anti-WTS sentiment. The exaltation of itself beyond scripture, mediator between Christ & mankind, and insistance to obey it's leaders.

But that is just my observations......

• Rivington
    Rivington

This reminds me of a chap I met when I was a special pio in Glasgow, many years ago. He was an extreme protestant of a sort very prevalent back then in Glasgow. (I guess they are still prevalent, but not quite so upfront about it now) He said to me: "I don't want your magazines but I certainly agree with you on one thing - you hate the Pope and so do I." Rivington

• dawg
    dawg

Hate isn't a strong word when it comes to how I feel about the RCC... I hate that church and all others, as a matter of fact, I hate all current religions!

Religion destroys logic, you suspend logic because of faith which is what all religions peddle.

The RCC, is the biggest spreader of the Christian lie than any of the Christ based religions; it has damaged more critical thinking skills than any other Christian based religion. It is the mother of all Christianity, a form of religion that has been totally disproved on each and every level as to it's divinity.

Logic has been destroyed by all of man's religions, clearing the way for man to justify all sorts of nefarious deeds in the name of his silly man made gods. No different today with man's foolish religions as it was in the days of Nebuchadnezzar and all other ancient kings... false man made Gods being used to justify their heinous acts. Look at the history of the RCC if you need proof of this!

Religion itself is an obstacle to mankind's advancement. It teaches mankind to drop logic... the RCC defiles man's gift of logic like all other religions; I certainly hate that!

We are seeing the end of this nonsense... it won't be long before religion itself is on the fringe of society where it clearly belongs. they'll always be a few sheep to keep the flock afloat, but the majority of mankind wants facts, not make believe nonsense that has clearly been discredited. The human race will suspend disbelief only so far now that the facts are being clearly presented and the facts show that the Bible is nonsense.

I hate it when nonsense it presented as fact, by the RCC or any other faith.

• BurnTheShips
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hi Dawg.

Nice to know you are open to discussion.

BTS

• dawg
    dawg

Burns...LOL!

The question was asked, I answered...LOL! I really feel this way... what do you want me to do? Lie?

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit