who likes Battlestar Gallactica?

by Dogpatch 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I am curious how many of you watch this. I find it far more fascinating than many other shows, but I am biased, always had a flair for traditional horror as well as quality sc-fi. But the producers intentionally DUMB DOWN the special effects (filmed in HD but virtually posterized for effect outdoors) so as to focus on the plot lines and character development. Actually the stories aren't that novel or even that well-written, but the implications of morality and community in future colonies of humans is most fascinating to me. Anyone else have a take on this? I am speaking of the new series, not from the 80s (never watched that).

Randy

• amicus
    amicus

Hey Buddy,

I LOVE Battlestar Galactica.

I don't watch tv, but I enjoyed the dvd releases of the made for tv Battlestar Galactica episodes.

I thought the new "female" version of Starbuck was a great twist.

I like books and films with good character development.

Hell, I still like to "people" watch. Even in the most mundane surroundings one can find some interesting folks.

Remember that character that used to sit on the bus bench in Canoga Park where we used to do street work?

That guy was a blast to talk to, almost like "My Dinner With Andre".

-Bobby

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I do! I love the show. I can't wait to see where they pick up where they left off from the last episode in Jan 2009. What a shocking season cliff hanger.

Yiz

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I do!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I miss the classic 70's version with Richard Hatch, Dirk Benedict, Loretta Spang, and Lorne Green.

• 5go
    5go

I wish I had been watching it. I saw the pilot. It looks like the next Babylon 5 to me.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

love it, wife loves it more

• Akira
    Akira

I love Battlestar Gallactica! When the final episodes will air?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I only watched the first two seasons. I no longer had time to watch it after that but I am a big fan. It's funny that I found this thread, I rarely have time on JWD anymore and I was just talking to someone yesterday about getting the series on DVD and watching it from the beginning. it is an excellent show. I really enjoy the character development, people that change as situations change, nothing is ever the black and white that I grew to hate in the cult. People are people no matter what the setting.

• amicus
    amicus
    the implications of morality and community in future colonies of humans is most fascinating to me.

Aside from my initial knee jerk reaction to this thread, which I voiced early on. ;-)

I'm an advocate of small government. The "Battlestar Galactica" films placed our long held beliefs into a situation that would allow most to rethink their values.

Stick with the old, or forge a new?

Who is good, and who is bad...and how can you make these critical judgements?

I liked the questions that were posed. Finding the answers to those questions is something that I think we thinking humans have grappled with for years untold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit