who likes Battlestar Gallactica?

by Dogpatch 34 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Woah, you mean to tell me that the new BSG is all philosophical? You mean that if I watch it, I'll have to think? I'm on summer vacation and don't have to start thinking again until September.

I miss the old one:(

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I watched the first couple of seasons, but didn't keep up with it after that. :(

Maybe I'll get the dvd sets to catch up.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

alright, Bob, I forgot that one. :-))

Bob and I rented a room when we were JWs from a witness in Reseda? nice little "farm" type house!

It was a nice place, Bob, but you didn't know that the place in Canoga Park I moved into after that (or maybe you did, was it before?) LOL

anyway, the landlady killed her ex- cut him up and hid him in the carpet in the garage. (not kidding)

Thatr's why we had and odd "breezeway" cut cudely into the wall revealing the pool from the litchen; it was where the bullet went through the wall after going through his head.

Poor sucker.

She was scary! Long black hair, drove a pink 1959 Cadillac. Silent runner she was.

Anyway,

sorry for the diversion.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

amicus sez,

Finding the answers to those questions is something that I think we thinking humans have grappled with for years untold.

Yes, but we may be reaching a critical mass where we are forced to, and it will work and evolve.

R

• amicus
    amicus
    Yes, but we may be reaching a critical mass where we are forced to, and it will work and evolve.

I agree, and I think it can work.

You nut. We lived in that house owned by Angela? I moved out before you all learned she was as creepy as she seemed. Mike Silveri and Al Antil were our roomates? I have no idea where they are, it was the primary reason I used my real pic here.

You were the most serious of us all, it's why I loves you! When years later I heard from my old study Jim Cook that you had become an apostate it scared the shit outta me. Randy going south meant that something was wrong in Never never land.

One year later give or take a few months I finally rid myself of that old conditioning that had haunted me for years.

I like so many others give you credit, but only because I think I knew the old Randy. ;-)

• amicus
    amicus

Oh, and far be it from me to stick to the thread topic being discussed.

My fav was Roslin. I'm not a fan of politicians.

She had an almost impossible job and did her best to make those hard decisions that were sure to make enemys.

She had qualities that most would perform arcane rituals to see that "their" current leaders possesed.

• Terry
    Terry

Battlestar Gallactica is the BEST SCI-FI series that ever existed in my (not so) humble opinion.

I was dragged kicking and screaming to watch it because I mistakenly thought it would be like the original series with Lorne Greene.

Oh man! Was I wrong wrong wrong!

The acting, drama, storyline and realization are exquisite.

It is actually thinly disguised Mormon theology!

But, I'm in love with it.

• amicus
    amicus
    The acting, drama, storyline and realization are exquisite.

I have to agree, as I stated, I'm not a big tv fan.

Battlestar Galactica was one of those rare gems that occasionally comes from this industry.

This thread made me realize that I haven't even seen all the "episodes" that were filmed.

What a pleasant surprise!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

It is actually thinly disguised Mormon theology!

Well Terry in your new picture you look kinda Mormonish. Mormish?

Did you see the special episode, was it 2.5 or something? Absolutely riveting. My attorney roommate downstairs has watched all of them about 3 times and we discuss it regularly. I talked him into it, and he is sold. He loves Mary MacDonald, too. She is amazing. SO Understated.

Bob on Angela: Yes, I will be embarrassed when we get together again for old times. 34 years, is it mate? Do you still have a messy car?

Angela was obviously messy. :-)) Remember my Golden Retriever? Such smart dogs, NOT.

Randy

• amicus
    amicus
    Remember my Golden Retriever? Such smart dogs, NOT.

I do remember the time Mike Silveri decided that the best way to keep your puppy from barking all night was to lock it in the master bedroom he and I eventually shared there.

I CLEARLY remember him getting up in the middle of the night to take a leak and saying, "SHIT, bombs everywhere!". Puppy had crapped everywhere in our room.

Puppy slept outside from there on, barking or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit