Statistical evidence against WTS fulfillment of Mat24:14. Simple argument.

by Awakened at Gilead 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

You figured all of this out and yet you still wanted to waste that sisters time. Yes, I said waste. You were a witness, you know what she would have to say and yet you still want to waste her time with your trivial ramblings.

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

Erm mighty one... not sure what your talking about. Whos wasting a sisters time?

You figured all of this out and yet you still wanted to waste that sisters time. Yes, I said waste. You were a witness, you know what she would have to say and yet you still want to waste her time with your trivial ramblings.

To be honest no-one has had to do too much thinking to figure this out. what u mean?

The other day, I saw an older sister with some tracts in hand. She was about to round a corner. So I stopped walking and waited for her to pass by, hoping that I could get witnessed to, so that Jehovah could judge me as approved for survival… But alas, the sister passed me by and didn’t even offer me a tract to save my life! My life was at stake…

where you referencing A@G whith that comment. Just confused because she never actually spoke to him or any other persons in this thread.

But you know what I catogorically agree. I feel it is important that one doesnt waste the time of the brothers & sisters.

Especially with so many people to witness to. In my defense, if I ever get witness too by accident I always let them know straight away that I am a baptised JW. I mean its the polite thing to do, non of that pretending to see there presentation business.

Now if a sister did speak to A&G, I cannot see this as waste of time from a JW point of view. As we have not been judged yet, nor can we judge our selves. Is it not the "spiritually weak" ones that people go out to speak to and discuss the bible.

Or is it a worry that ones belief's can be damaged so easily by a few words, while they are so hard to build up.

I think the important to realise from this is, these are not "trivial ramblings". They are sadly far from it. I think MJ's statement summerises this thread well...

210,500 more people that die EACH DAY that Armageddon is delayed.
  • jakmarx
    jakmarx

Double post

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

I suppose from a hardline Jehovah's Witness point of view.

This thread highlights the "Dangers of independant thinking" and "false reasoning".

Isn't it reasonable to conclude these independenat thoughts conflift with the faithfull and discreet slave. Thus, we can see false reasoning has damaged our faith in the organization and in turn Jehovah.

As Jehovah's witnesses we might reasonable assume that Jehovah only draws those with the right heart condition. Isn't it reasonable to conclude that the creator of the universe will make what seems impossible, possible. We simple need to have patience that this things will be dealt with in time.

The evidence shows that in these increaingly troubled times we need to be wary of those who speak twisted reasonings who are simply uder the influence of Satan's system of things.

The Bible plainly says Jehovah is a god of love. Surely then this means he would never destroyed any rightous one's in Armageddon.

What must one do is flee from these disgusting things...

Which if you do have a strong faith.. i recomend that you do. Because once you start looking, its will be destroyed quicker than it was ever built up.

I never even looked at a shred of apostate material. I merely indulged in the danger of independant thinking. I was a Pioneer, I was in good standing. I am still am JW, but cannot leave out of FEAR of losing my family and freinds.

This forum is my "spiritual paradise" as its the only place I can express my feelings without my life being destroyed.

Thoughts for you lurkers and others to ponder on.

• justhuman
    justhuman

You have made such great observations. JW's preaching work is really down, and the GB through manipulation of their preaching work are trying to present to the JW's that the work is done.

But there are more other aspects that we should take seriously in consideration.

1. The preaching work is done only in the western countries, the America Continent, Australia, and Europe. We have places that people don't know about "God's people". India and China along are the 2/4 of Earths population. Then we have Muslim Countries in Asia, like Pakistan, Bagladesh,Indonesia the largest Muslim country, so adding those in the list along with other Muslim places in Middle East, Africa.

2.I'm living in country with ratious 1:370. Ask any one in the street if they know what JW's believe or preached? The answer is no. Even in places that the preaching work is supposed to be preached people don't have a clue what the hell JW's preach.

3.The supposed message of the Gospel is reached to a very limited portion of the earths population.And basically the increase of the WT it is from JW's kids and relatives

4.I was pioneer for many years. We had times that we knocked empty doors for 2 hours. I had times that I spend half day in field service and I hardly had the chance to speak to a person.

5.The hours of the World Wide preaching activity that is devided by 2, since most of JW's are going to the field service as pairs.

6.Remove also from the peak hours, the hours of the Bible studies, and basically are JW's kids, plus the hours of the Elders and Minesterial Servants are putting on the field service report when they have a public talk, or visiting an innactive person.

7.Take out also the 15-20 minutes break that they have every hour they preached for coffee at Mcdonalds, and moving from one house to another

Imagine what is left for REAL preaching

• M.J.
    M.J.

Put another way,

From 1997-2007 world population grew by about 780.9 million people. Subtracting the JW publisher growth rate for that ten year span (1.3 million), that meant that an extra 779.5 million people were in line for death in 2007 than in 1997.

http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb/worldpopinfo.html
    http://www.jwfacts.com/images/publisher-table.jpg

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

There is gonna be some fat a$$ buzzards at armageddon

• witnessgirl
    witnessgirl
    Last year, JWs spent 1.4 billion hours in their preaching work. ... The average number of Bible studies is 6.5 million worldwide.

If we guess twenty hours a week for every publisher (way more than most get in), that's still only one Bible study every three years. Ouch. I thought I was the only one who could never get anyone to answer the door. Assumed I was cursed or demon possessed or something.

On the subject of time, am I the only one who found this graphic really disturbing? I showed it to a girl who's never been a Witness and briefly explained the concept of turning in your time, and she also said it was disturbing.

• Sasha
    Sasha

There are other Christians witnessing about Christ and the end etc, other than J.W.'s

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

witnessgirl,

That is quite a disturbing graphic, I can not believe it, what would a jw say if one asks them why do they count there time, or I guess, better stated may be, "I understand that the jws base their actions on the bible, which is a very honorable way to act, would you please show me where in the bible it states to keep a log of time spent witnessing?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit