What's your favourite country you've visited?

by lfcviking 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Switch
    Switch

YAY. somebody mentioned Ireland. You haven't lived until you see western Ireland - Galway, Clare, Kerry. I, personally, was pleasantly surprised by Brussels, Belgium. You can drink awesome beer and eat outside nearly everywhere. the people are pleasant for it being a big city. The architecture is pretty amazing. AND the chocolate! YUM. It's phenomenal. We'll definitely go back and check out the countryside next time.

• dietequiladie
    dietequiladie

Hey doofdaddy, heading to India in November. Im so excited that I almost peed my pants! Have been to Italy. Loved it. Must travel more comprehensively before I decide on a favourite though.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have been too the following places in my own country: Hluwhluw - great game viewing and I love being in the wild. South Coast - good if you enjoy the beach. Drakensburg - for the mountains and fresh air. Johannesburg - financial and party capital of SA. Cape-Town - wine country and easy living.

International travel: The United Kingdom, Scotland, Paris & Rome. I loved all of them - Rome for it's great history! Paris for it's air of romance and it's a pretty city. UK - I love the pom accent, have family, history and so much to see. Scotland - beautiful lochs and munroes - stunning countryside.

I still have to go too: USA (that is on the cards) Going to Mauritus next year October/september. Austrailia, Egypt (actually I'd love to do the whole of Africa) Greece, more of Italy, Tibet, Turkey, Russia, North/South Pole, Alaska, Germany....there is just so much I want to see!!!!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Hey Dietequiladie

Do you have a plan or are you taking a dive into the unknown? I would love to hear your travel experiences while you are travelling. Are you going to Varanasi (Benares)? What a trip that place is! Burning bodies and unbelievable filth in the holy Ganga river...

Me? I'm back to good old Bali in a few weeks to do absolutely nothing except drink Bintang and dance, oh and eat!!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I have not extensively travelled but would have to say Turkey so far, lots of history and really nice people.

• four candles
    four candles

Not been to many other countries,only USA,Holland and France. Loved the USA,been 3 times...did the theme parks with the kids first time get it out of the way,next time went to Fort lauderdale and saw most of south Florida and the next and the best was Bike week in Daytona,fabulous.....I will be back there again. But would like to see more of the States like Arizona,Wyoming or texas.

I live in Wales, you gotta come see the countryside here,its beautiful!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Costa Rica!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, it is not exactly a country of itself, but I guess it thinks of itself as if it were...Corsica.

Maybe it was just the perfect weekend in the perfect part of the western Med fall season, but that little Island has it all. Mountains, beautiful coastline, exotic-looking and beautiful plants, clean beautiful cities, friendly people, and the best beer made from Chestnuts I have ever tasted.

Well, it is probably the only beer made from chestnuts that I have ever tasted...but it was still great beer. Oh, and I forgot to mention - a veritable female fashionista show walking past 24x7 if you sit in one of those little outdoor cafes to drink the chestnut beer.

I may just decide to retire there.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Tread: Where exactly is Canadia?

Doof: I forgot about those bodies being floated up/down? river into the next life. EW!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I've been to USA, Costa Rica, Cozumel Mexico, Panama, Canada. My favorite so far is the USA

Ok, I forgot to mention Greenland It was umm...green.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit