Death of an Elder

by sacolton 56 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

My wife planned to get her two-hours of service time on Saturday - like we did every month. Two hours. Never more than that. Well, yesterday she came home early with sad news. She said her group met in the backroom to prepare for field service when another brother came in and made the announcement that one of the popular elders had passed away last night. Out in the main room, another group was meeting for book study and the relative of the elder was there (his actual brother - also an elder) and didn't seem to know about the news. Once he was informed that his brother had died - he was shocked. He made his way to the parking lot and leaned over his car and cried. The congregation just went about their business and only one other brother went to comfort him in the parking lot. My wife said they cancelled the field service, but none of the group (except one) gave any support to the elder who lost his brother.

Now, where is the Christian love?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

That is just sooooo sad, and unfortunately not surprising.

BB

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

They all lost someone sounds like.

She cant possibly know who did or didnt do what. Except what she did or didnt do.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, that's terrible! Poor guy

• Priest73
    Priest73

That's sad, but remember, everyone grieves differently.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Umm...did wife attempt to comfort him? I don't mean to be mean or anything, but...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

They all lost someone sounds like.

She cant possibly know who did or didnt do what. Except what she did or didnt do.

Once he was informed that his brother had died - he was shocked.

If he was in shock, many of them may have been as well.

We all show our sympathy is unique ways- some more public, some more private.

• *summer*
    *summer*

This is sad beyond words

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

There isn't. Love is an emotion. Robots can't express emotion.

What is sad is I can totally picture the scene in my mind.

• Quandry
    Quandry

they cancelled the field service,

That surprises me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit