What's the Deal with Bethel?

by Random80sKitten 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I was in the Australian Bethel and it is basically an instititution where they use slave labour to print articles. I was being paid $20 per week plus given free food and board when the average wage as about $600 per week.

However, in third world countries being in Bethel is great. I went to many throughout South America, and being in bethel guaranteed a standard of living provided in first world countries. For that reason in Mexico the average stay was about 10 years whilst at the time that average stay in Australia was only 2.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not recommend going. It is true that they will work you to death, almost always where you do not want. You cannot usually bring such experience into the workplace.

In addition, there are so many rules that one would think of it as prison. You need permission to receive anything. Any visitors have to go through administration. You need permission to take time off. Housekeepers will violate whatever privacy you thought you had. And, at any time for any or no reason, they might ask you to pack up and leave (almost always just when your health is starting to weaken and they can no longer use you), leaving you with nowhere to go and no job to go to. And, there is no pension of any kind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit