What's the Deal with Bethel?

by Random80sKitten 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• *summer*
    *summer*

Thank You, MeneMene!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I've known a number over the years that crashed and burned after only a year or so. The truly mind controlled ones stuck it out. My nephew LOVED his life there, UNTIL the day that he had a physical confrontation with another and they sent him home. He was and still is very emotionally unstable, has been all his life . But, he did and still does love the TRUTH. It was engrained in him from birth.

NMG

• VM44
    VM44

There were at least two others who also started several threads about their stay at Bethel.

One was "onacruse", but I don't recall who the other was. Anyone remember?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Was it new boy?

• VM44
    VM44
    Was it new boy?

Yes! That is the name. Thanks BB.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Many posters on here have talked about their Bethel tenures, including myself. Recently, I posted some of the documents Bethelites have to read when they're accepted. One of my threads has links to some of these documents:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/161726/1.ashx

Bethel is an institution, absolutely. They will be the first to admit it. Constant comparisons are made to a family unit, where stricter rules are enforced beyond that left up to individual consciences of members. For example, forget about just "no R-rated movies." If an overseer doesn't like the way you dress, or what music you listen to, or the way you talk, you better be ready to change and forget about getting indignant. It's full of very hard work, unless you've graduated to a desk job or been favored by a "heavy" in some like manner. For example, hundreds of women work excrutiatingly mundane and mindless tasks of housekeeping, but there are those who get more important, meaningful jobs in other departments. But there is still not an equal mix of men and women, because virtually ALL the housekeeping jobs are kept by women. If you are insubordinate or otherwise disliked by an overseer, you can be reassigned to a shittier job, like laundry. This kind of atmosphere creates a lot of competition where, because almost everyone hates their job, they try to brown-nose those who have the power to change it.

Bethel life is monotonous, tedious, can be extremely physically draining due to the ceaseless schedule, but can also be immensely satisfying as a brain-dead JW. Because you see everything through your own rose-collored glasses and can "see" the Hand of God arranging matters. But hope nothing taints your glasses, because if you get a glimpse of what goes on behind the curtain it'll all come crashing down.

• VM44
    VM44

What I found surprising is that the average Bethelite is NOT allowed to use Bethel's library!

Here one is, at the spiritual center of the Jehovah WItness world, and one is not allowed to use the library!

Something is wrong with that!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Bethel is a homosexual training ground. Where gay Witnesses can go and be among their kind and not feel the pressure of the female Witnesses begging to be married.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

VM, it depends on what library your talking about. THere are many libraries scattered over the complexes, some smaller, some larger. As far as having access to every single thing the WT published from the way back, that may be another matter. I believe Barbara Anderson obtained access to this for research, so yes, in that case those archives wouldn't be available to the R&F Bethelite.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

As a Bethelite, I never had trouble accessing a library. They were everywhere. Most had publications back to the 1800's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit