Maddie

because you don't express yourself?

Purps - No its because sometimes the intensity is indescribable

Maddie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Purps - No its because sometimes the intensity is indescribable

Maddie

It takes effort and love to express yourself sometimes and for someone to try to understand.

purps

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

shame on you purplesofa for even making me think about this!............oompa

Confront your shadows oompa. Come on its good. It hurts but is good. You can do it.

My shadows
    Shedding skin and
    Ive been picking
    Scabs again.
    Im down
    Digging through
    My old muscles
    Looking for a clue.

Ive been crawling on my belly
    Clearing out what couldve been.
    Ive been wallowing in my own confused
    And insecure delusions
    For a peace to cross me over
    Or a word to guide me in.
    I wanna feel the changes coming down.
    I wanna know what Ive been hiding in

My shadow.
    Change is coming through my shadow.
    My shadows shedding skin
    Ive been picking
    My scabs again.

Ive been crawling on my belly
    Clearing out what couldve been.
    Ive been wallowing in my own chaotic
    And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing Ive endured within

My shadow
    Change is coming.
    Now is my time.
    Listen to my muscle memory.
    Contemplate what Ive been clinging to.
    Forty-six and two ahead of me.

I choose to live and to
    Grow, take and give and to
    Move, learn and love and to
    Cry, kill and die and to
    Be paranoid and to
    Lie, hate and fear and to
    Do what it takes to move through.
    I choose to live and to
    Lie, kill and give and to
    Die, learn and love and to
    Do what it takes to step through.

See my shadow changing,
    Stretching up and over me.
    Soften this old armor.
    Hoping I can clear the way
    By stepping through my shadow,
    Coming out the other side.
    Step into the shadow.
    Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

• Robdar
    Robdar

IP, did you write that?

I loved it.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

I don't think loneliness is necessarily a bad thing - it depends on it's cause and how we deal with it.

I am very comfortable in my skin and with who I have become as a person. However that being said, I love to share life. I love to have someone near to express my view of the world to, to share my experiences with and in turn hear their insights and views on whatever situation is being experienced. I feel it is often through that kind of give and take that we can grow as individuals - simply by seeing through another's eyes at times. So I definitely miss those things and consider them under the term lonliness.

Now, does it adversely affect my life? No - I still go out and experience those things, I still travel, I still attemp to expand my horizons. But there is that part of me that says - wow - it would be great to be sharing this with someone - to let them see how I see things - to see how they view it etc...

It's not a part of me that's missing - but maybe part of the growth of who I could become.

Jeremiah

• donny
    donny

The worst lonliness for me is that no one close to me really understand the frustrations of being an ex-witness. I feel so bad for taking my biological family (non-witness) family through all the mess I did. What a waste of ten years!!!! I often feel so dumb for believeing what I did. When I explain it to non-witnesses, they often laugh or roll their eyes, which I understand, but it's still hard at times.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

IP, did you write that?

I loved it.

Sorry I gave no props

46 and 2 by Tool

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tja6_h4lT6A

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sorry Trevor, but I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. Sometimes being lonely is as simple as wanting to share a beautiful view, a great song, or a super meal. It's not necessarily a need for approval or attention. Some of us are just social creatures who enjoy life best shared.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

But sometimes you just need a friend...I'm fine to be by myself most times....but today was awesome,

I met with a girl that I knew 30 yrs ago we went for coffee and had such a fabulous conversation for several hours, we talked about everything

under the sun even including the Cult she is an ex-jw.

Sometimes its what you really need it has truly lifted my spirits.

h40

• trevor
    trevor
    Sorry Trevor, but I'm going to have to completely disagree with you. Sometimes being lonely is as simple as wanting to share a beautiful view, a great song, or a super meal. It's not necessarily a need for approval or attention. Some of us are just social creatures who enjoy life best shared.

Beksbks

We all enjoy the company of friends and sharing things we are fond of. Wanting to do that is not loneliness.

Loneliness goes much deeper and is the condition of being unable to feel complete and whole when we are alone. This causes dependence on other people who we hope will end our loneliness.

Lonely people do not make good friends because they are needy. They are look to other people for something that can only be found within themselves. They take rather than give.

Once we can feel comfortable with our own company we have something to give to others and become better company. It is the difference between wanting a drink and needing one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit