on loneliness

by purplesofa 37 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Is loneliness

the feeling of wanting to share with another and

there is no one to share with?

or maybe, just not really being known or maybe not understood?

Do you feel lonely?

How would your describe your loneliness?

purps

• Maddie
    Maddie

The worst loneliness for me is when I feel that nobody knows or understands how I am really feeling inside.

Maddie

• journey-on
    journey-on

Good topic, Purps. I think you can feel lonely with a dozen people around. I remember someone said "lonlieness is having

a memory and no one to share it with." Sometimes this describes the lonliness I feel when missing my sister's company. I can't just pick up

the phone and call her and talk to her about the "remember when" things. She is guarded and distant with me most of the time

because of her JWism, and her coldness envelops me with a suffocating lonliness. It passes though...(till the next time.)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The worst loneliness for me is when I feel that nobody knows or understands how I am really feeling inside.

Maddie

because you don't express yourself?

purps

• trevor
    trevor

Loneliness is caused by believing that someone else has the solution to your problem. Or that someone else can solve your emptiness and that their input can make sense of your life.

Loneliness is not ended by friends or relatives, they all have their own agenda.

Loneliness ends when we become self sufficient. Free from the need to be understood or loved.

Free from the need to find comfort in conditional relationships with people.

Free from the need to be accepted or admired.

Loneliness ends when our ego loses its hunger for attention and we find peace alone in a garden.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

btw,

I do not feel lonely, I have not felt lonely for years and years.

purps

• oompa
    oompa

shame on you purplesofa for even making me think about this!............oompa

• journey-on
    journey-on

Trevor,

Your words ring true to me. Perhaps lonliness isn't the right word for what I described. Lonliness is more of a condition.

Maybe what I feel in relation to my sister is lonesomeness rather than lonlieness. Lonesome sounds more temporary and spasmodic.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wow @ what trevor said.

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't think loneliness necessarily has to be thought of as a problem.

But possibly it's a little light that goes off for us, to let us know we have something that we want to share with others.

and then we should do what it takes to rememdy that.

Feeling lonely does not have to be thought of as a defect.

purps

sorry oompa

edited to add: Wouldn't it be difficult for someone that feels lonely and someone that is complete within themselves to hook up, communicate, share. Both coming from different places, wouldn't it be easy for misunderstandings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit