X-files Movie 2008

by free2beme 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• free2beme
    free2beme

Well, it finally came out and last night a group of friends and I went to see it. We are all die hard X-files fans, and have looked forward to a new X-files movie for years. So what did we think, after it was over, well .... we thought it was terrible. To the point that we would not buy it on DVD to add to our X-files collection and honestly doubt we would even watch it again on TV. The movie was obviously a cheap design. Most likely another book or script that was never made with the X-files story or characters in mind, and yet someone (Chris Carter, the creator) saw it as an easy mesh to add his characters in to. The characters could have easily been John and Sally, and not Fox and Dana and would have required maybe 5 minutes of intro on who they were and on with it. The story itself, lacked so much in the typical paranormal theme and in many cases it was like watching "Silence of the lamb" or even "Hostel" at some points. It was just not good, and yet it was long at the same time. I recommend, even if you loved the series as much as I did, skip this one. It stunk to high heaven!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks. Won't bother renting it. Maybe, i should rent the series.

S

• DJK
    DJK

Thanks for your review. Was planning on seeing it today and I will now reconsider. At 10$ per person, maybe it's better to wait and rent it instead.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I was also going to see it today. Maybe I'll just see Journey to the Center of the Earth instead. ;-)

• Priest73
    Priest73

Thanks for the tip. I'll just stay home and re-watch all my Hanna Montana VHS cassettes.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Well gee priest, I figured you would say you were going to Watch Michael Jackson music videos while spanking the monkey and wearing high heels.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I only do that on Sundays.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I agree. I saw it last night also. My friends and I could not believe that, with ten years in between movies, this is what they wanted to put out. There was no alien tie in, no follow up on the event of the first movie, not even an acknowledgement that there was a first movie. Instead we get this piece of garbage that focuses on trying to locate a kidnapped FBI agent with a psychic priest. It was like an average mid-season filler episode of the TV show. There was nothing that added at all to the story cannon. The finale of the TV series would have made a much better movie.

• Gopher
    Gopher

People could save a little pain and money by getting good information first, like from http://www.rottentomatoes.com

This movie rated a 33% score with the critics. 60% is a passing mark for a movie to be rated "fresh" rather than "rotten" on this site. I know personal tastes vary and critics often get it wrong, but if a whole bunch are saying something is rotten, they're probably onto something.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Glad I read this, as I was going to go see it tonight as well! I'm a huge X files fan, and it does sound rather horrible, I will still rent it on DVD at some point, just to check it out, but I won't bother wasting 10 bucks on it. Thanks for the tip! Hmm, maybe I should go see Hell Boy 2, anyone seen that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit