Ahhhh Steroids.

by horrible life 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I get steroid mania when I take steroids or even use the high dose creams on my body. I can't sleep, and I get grumpy, and crazy!

• Mandette
    Mandette

Satanus..

It was a joke! BUT leeches and maggots are making a comeback. I just saw a show on leeches. These are both very helpful critters. Just get the maggots that eat dead flesh not live flesh......very helpful in infections......

HA!

• Mandette
    Mandette

HL

Is Crohn's considered an auto-immune disease? I know that a lot of drugs that treat Rhuematoid Arthritis can be helpful for UC too. Maybe for Crohn's also? Methatrexate is one that comes to mind.

Hope you continue to feel good!!
    Mandette

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Short Courses of Prednisone Cause Mild Mania in Most

Short courses of corticosteroids, such as prednisone, are frequently prescribed for dermatologic disease. Psychiatric side effects, such as mania, depression, and psychosis, are well known . . .

— Neil H. Shear, MD, FRCPC

Published in Journal Watch Dermatology June 11, 2002

Covering J Clin Psychopharmacol 2002 Feb

http://dermatology.jwatch.org/cgi/content/citation/2002/611/8

• Gopher
    Gopher

HL,

Have you tried Humira injections? I'm taking them, but for another problem (ankylosing spondylitis), and it's working quite well.

According to the website, Humira reduces moderate to severe CD (Crohn's Disease) in adults who have not responded well to conventional treatments.

http://www.humira.com

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Good Morning, HL I am so happy to hear you are feeling so much better. What a relief that must be Steroids are amazing aren't they. Crohns disease is horrible, I know so many people who have it, one girl I know lost her whole colon and part of her small intestine to it and she is only 31. You are indeed fortunate to be in remission most of the time.

MY steroid story: I had my first experience with prednezone steroid IV last september. I had a severe MS attack, though at the time I didn't know I had MS. I woke up and was paralyzed on my right side, had terrible muscle spasms like giant charlie horses that seized my leg muscle for 20 minutes solid, extremely screaming painful. I was horribly thirsty, had a fever, couldn't pee. I was a mess. I was terrified. They took 5 days to run tests while I was in hospital and I was just miserable the whole time, I had to have 2 nurses get me out of bed and had to have in and out catherization. UGH. I was crying the whole week. Then they said I had MS, and immediately started me on IV steroids, The next day I was getting up and walking by myself. Relief. I had 5 days of IV steroids and then went home and had oral steroids for 3 weeks. I dread another attack

I feel for you HL, Hugs from Velvet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit