Ahhhh Steroids.

by horrible life 15 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

I am out of remission with my Crohn's disease. Was in the hospital Monday through Wednesday. I should have gone Sunday, but I thought I could fight it still. Lost 10 pounds in 3 days last weekend, in dehydration. I was so thirsty, but couldn't quench it, and really didn't want to . Depressed that I was going through this again.

Fatigue, couldn't put one foot in front of the other. Fever, Nausea, Diarrhea, Dehydrated. Abdominal pain and cramps. I thought I was on deaths door Sunday.

My doctor was out of town.

It is such a yucky disease to have. Stayed in the ER for 5 hours trying to be admitted. Had 102.5 degree fever, and they wouldn't give me a blanket, until I was admitted. My husband brought in my little car blanket, YuK, Can you imagine all of the germs it has on it now. It is still in the car. I just put it over my head, and cried.

So I told the ER doctor, to admit me, and pump me full of steroids. They did!!! I was a new woman within hours. IV steroids are awesome!!! Now I'm on a high dose at home also. Also they gave me B12 shots everyday. Taking Folic Acid, (I thought it was just for pregnant women)

I had 3 hours sleep last night, have cleaned house most of the day. Here I am now, not sleepy at all. Eating whatever I can find.

I am lucky though. I have only been out of remission, about 5 times in 16 years. Not bad, when you talk to others who have Crohns.

PS I found those 10 pounds already in the hospital. Looking for more now!!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

((((((HL)))))))

Sorry to hear you had to go through that, good to hear you are feeling better!

BB

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I used to have a Jw friend with Chrons when I was a jw, anyways I really feel for you, having to watch everything you eat that could

trigger it up. Hope you feel better today.

hope4others

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ooh, that's rough. I read something a while ago about intestinal diseases like that. Intestinal parasites are supposed to be good at stopping the disease. It's something to do w the intestine being too sensitive, and too clean. Gross, but what the hay.

S

• Mandette
    Mandette

Crohn's! You poor thing..I have so much empathy for you. My sister is the poster child for intestinal diseases. She has Ulcerative Colitis. She was diagnosed when she was 5 yrs old and is 54 now. She has a permanent ileostomy and major mental issues between the illness, heavy medication, many surgeries,shock therapy, (and the JW's).....

Steriods are wonderful!! I've been on them for 3-4 yrs off and on.

I'm so glad you're feeling better.........your post really touched me.......Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!! There are advancements being made all the time in that area!!!!

Mandette

• horrible life
    horrible life

Well, I am awake again. 3 hours sleep again. I am not one to jump out of bed for any reason, but these things have me wired!! I know my body needs to rest, but my mind keeps telling me to go.

Is this what it feels like to be on crack? Go go go? Don't remember it being like this. Probably age.

If this is what the athletes take, I can understand. I think I could move a mountain today. My body needs rest though.

Thanks BB and H4O.

Satanus, Intestinal parasites?? Well, they say that the old fashion maggots and wounds are great for healing. Well, do you think I need a prescription for them? Do you think that my local WalMart Pharmacy has them in stock? Damn, sure hope they are encapsulated in something before I swallow!

• Mandette
    Mandette

Maggots and a nice Tapeworm can be obtained at my vet's office!!!

HA!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I doubt that they prescribe anything like that. You could ask your doc if he has ever heard of that. I'm quite sure that it's legit, as i got the info from a couple of different sources. Here is one article from the ny times: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A0DE6DB113BF932A0575BC0A96F958260

S

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thank you so much Mandette! and WELCOME!

Crohn's and UC are so very close to each other. My Doctor called and made me an appointment for this week. He said there were some new meds out. I was searching the Crohns and Colitis Foundation website, and saw some drugs I had never seen before.

They say that cures for alot of these diseases are so very close. Money. Scientists just need more money. It is just the way it is. They can't work for free. Gives you a new look on giving and charity. Especially if it is personal, like breast cancer, diabetes, or this.

Your sister has had it rough. I can't imagine being so young and dealing with all of this. It has taken a huge toll on her body. Wicked disease.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Satanus, you are TOO COOL! That is totally interesting. Makes sense also. Makes me a little queasy also though.

On the other hand, he cautioned against ingesting worms without proper medical supervision. For this reason, he would not identify the precise species of helminth he uses in his research. ''We don't want people going off to Mexico or who knows where else trying to expose themselves to helminths that are not controlled and getting who knows what kinds of consequences,'' he said. ''If people run out and get hurt, I'm not going to feel really good about this.''

But not much difference in the maggots and wound care.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago, there was a pediatrician, who had a child, and it showed the baby crawling on the floor, at the mall. Then putting her hands in her mouth. AACCCCKKKK But the father said she had never been sick, and kids today are too clean. Mother Nature is strange.

I am going to look for more on this. Google here I come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit