How big of an idiot are you really?

by donny 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

On April 21st I received an e-mail out of the blue from a person who was the brother of an elder in my congregation. When I logged on to my work email I was suprised to see an email from someone in my former congregation (Farmers Branch). When you read his comments that I should return, you'd wouldn't think he would start off with name calling.

Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 11:04 PM
    To: Reed, Donny R.
    Subject: How big of an idiot are you really?

Donny-

Please tell me. We all know you're an idiot. That all goes without
    saying. You turned your back on Jehovah and your family and your friends
    from way back then. you say things you know aren't true, so tell me,
    what do you get out of it? Do you seriously think you have more knowledge than
    our creator? You will sacrifice your children for your hard headed
    ness.???? Yes, i i misspelled it on purpose. I know you know
    who i am and i know who you are... You're an idiot and your children and
    friends miss you. Come back to Jehovah's organization while you still
    can. I hope to hear from you.

Timothy Hamm

I followed with:

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 5:11 PM
    To: Timothy Hamm
    Subject: RE: How big of an idiot are you really?

No reply to my reply?

Donny Reed

Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 7:04 AM
    To: 'Timothy Hamm'

Dear Tim,

First of all, I will not begin this email with name calling as you have
    done. Do you really think that type of tactic would actually bring a
    positive result, however it is quite typical of what I have received
    over the years. I have yet to receive a logical, intelligent argument as to
    why I should "come back."

I do not claim to have more knowledge than the creator, I just know enough to know that the Watchtower Bible and Tract
    Society is not God's sole channel to mankind. As for my children, they are
    all adults now, so I will not sacrifice anything on their behalf.

Before I left, I gave the elders a chance to show me the error in my
    thinking, and yet they were more concerned as to where I had gotten my
    information rather than answering the questions.

You state that I have said things that are not true, please let me know what they are. Much of
    what I have heard from others about things that I have either said or done is
    outright lies or severe distortions. If one has "the truth", then it
    will be able to stand against anything. So, please let me know what I have
    stated that you believe to be untrue? And please, leave the name-calling at
    the door.

P.S. I have nothing against Jehovah's Witnesses as people, as I have
    one working for me who is a good man. And I still have respect for
    Jared Hardie who was one of the very few I knew in my ten years in the
    organization that really strived to live the life as one.

Sincerely,
    Donny Reed

Which brought this response.

Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 3:24 PM
    To: Reed, Donny R.

What's the point? You're too far gone.. (see? no name calling) Satan's
    hold on you is so tight that it may actually be too late for you. I
    apologize for the name calling previously, but I was so shocked by
    running across your email that emotions took over. I'm deeply sorry he has
    blinded you to the point that you actually believe the things you are saying.
    It was prophesied that there would be some like you.

(I like this next statement)

Unfortunately for you, you're too smart for your own good. You think too much. There is a
    thing called faith. Something I'm sure you stopped believing in LONG ago. If
    you had enough proper training to the point that you were ever appointed as a teacher,
    then you at some point had the smarts to realize what you had and what you
    had to lose. I almost feel sorry for you.

Your name comes up quite a bit and it's always when the "sad stories" are being told. "Whatever happened to..."
    And I'm sure that the elders DID indeed give you many explanations as to why you
    should "come back" but you're just too blind to see. I hope someday you
    can wake up and we can call you brother again. But know this: you are
    missed. The friends are still upset over your apostasy even though it's a long ago memory.

And I responded....

Sent: Mon 5/5/2008 4:54 PM
    To: Timothy Hamm

I'm just curious, what email did you run across? I have been out of the organization for some 16 years and I have not corresponded with anyone from my old congregation in quite some time. As I stated earlier, I was not looking for a way out, I just had some questions I wanted answers to and basically all I got was "Where did you hear that?" and "Where did you get this document?" and the like. I believe the "truth" should be able stand up against anything and not run when serious questions are raised. The Watchtower/Awake vigorously asks those who are of other faiths to ask questions and to make sure of all things.

That is all I was trying to do and pretty much all I got was that I need to accept hook, line and sinker everything the Governing Body states is spiritual fact. In that regards, there in not much difference in Mormonism, The Worldwide Church of God, Dawn Bible Students, Christadelphians and other "sole channel" religions. Like Jehovah's Witnesses, few members of these groups leave because they have been told the same story that we are the truth and we do not tolerate any serious questioning of our belief structure. And any who do are kicked out and labeled as "evil" and unworthy.

Just a clarification, I did not leave while I was still in the same household as Maria. I have received emails from Witnesses in the past who said that I was trying to get Maria to accept "apostate" teachings and was putting pressure on her to leave. That never happened and to this day, I do not try to get other Jehovah's Witnesses to leave. I have a man working for me who is a Witness and he obviously enjoys and accepts the teachings and I say "good for him." If it fulfils his spiritual needs, then so be it. I never try to dissuade him in any way. If he wants to know why I left and what issues I have/had, I will tell him if he asks, but I will not force any of my beliefs or thoughts upon him.

In closing, I again ask, what untrue things have I said? I am not beyond all correction and if someone points out something I have truly said or done that appears to be in error, I will consider it and correct my thinking or apologize for the misstatement if I was in error.

Donny Reed

I have yet to receive a response as of 07/25/08.

• yknot
    yknot

NIce response.......but gotta just smack my head against the wall on the way JWs show love & concern for those who have left.

WTG Donny, handled very well!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what I find interesting is this man's ability to read your heart. He can tell u are already too far gone.

• Regretful_J
    Regretful_J

Wow the things he said to you are just sad. Thats a case and point of a brainwashed J-dub. I know this personally because I have had similar situations with my immediate family. They won't listen to anything that isn't completely in line with what the society teaches. That guy though needs some professional help though from what ive seen in his messages to you. Then again thats probably the case for most JW's as well lol. I do give ya props for being civil, im not sure i would be able to contain myself in your position.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You may want to consider editing out the email addresses from your original post, or ask a mod to do it if you're no longer able to edit.

It sounds to me like his intent was to hurt rather than "encourage".

I'm glad I don't have people like that in my life any more.

W

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's sad because all they are taught is that all apostates think they know more than God. Also that all apostates want to be worshiped. And that their goal is to pull everyone out of their organization. They get this at every assembly. Over and over. So it's no surprise that their line of reasoning goes straight to those twisted concepts during a discussion.

• donny
    donny
    You may want to consider editing out the email addresses from your original post

Done. Thanks, I thought I had got them all.

• White Dove
    White Dove

You can tell him that I said he's a pathetic li'l bastard! Name calling, geez!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Some JWs are so willfully stupid its unbelievable.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm dealing with one of those stupid ones right now. I'm so floored by the willful ignorance I can't see straight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit