Is the JW Memorial meeting a Satanic denial of Christ

by passwordprotected 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

7 million JWs. All sat in their kingdom halls, their children at their side. The date is Nisan 14.

In front of them lie the sacraments of Christ's ransom sacrifice. They've just read scriptures where Jesus stated his followers were to continue partaking of the bread and the wine in remembrance of him and his sacrifice.

Partaking of these emblems means you want to have the ransom sacrifice applied in your behalf. By partaking you show you have faith that Christ was raised for your sins.

Jesus makes no mention that the emblems should only be partaken by a small number of elite Christians. Rather all who believe in Christ should partake of them.

Yet, as those emblems are passed along the rows of somber Jehovah's Witnesses, the very ones who make the claim to be the only true Christians on earth, no one eats the bread. No one drinks the wine. They all, in effect, turn their noses up at the symbols of Christ's ransom sacrifice. Is it melodrama on my part to now view this celebration as a Satanic denial of Christ?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

hahaha... well yes I guess that's one way to describe it!

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

I wouldn't say all that.

haha

But, we can see what happens when interpretations go awry.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

In the words of the great Dr. Johnson, the witnesses' behavior should not be ascribed to any deliberate Satanic intentions, but rather to "ignorance, dear madam, sheer ignorance."

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

I don't know about that

I think they're just a bunch of poor brainwashed souls.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I understand refusal of the sacraments by those in attendance is a primary component of a black mass. Many Christian people I know find it offensive. I find it boring.

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

I think Jesus was only talking to his immediate followers when he instructed them to 'keep doing this in remembrance of me'. I doubt he was even thinking that millions of people far in the future would be partaking. So I see no real sense in the Witnesses even celebrating the Memorial. I'd rather they volunteered in homeless shelters, hospitals & orphanages, etc. That would be a REAL 'memorial' to honor Jesus.

• heathen
    heathen

I think it's really sad they make everybody actually have to pass it instead of just letting partakers sit at a table or go to the back room to actually eat a dinner first as was done and should be done , like a church dinner , I don't know that you would have to make sure it was kosher at sun down since christians are no longer bound by sabbath law , just on nissan 14 would probably be good ,since it was initiated when the sun went down over Israel anyway and they are like 18 hour difference from the west . I think it is important since it is the only way to enter the christian covenant , baptism is not the way into the covenant otherwise jesus would have left it at that .

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I always felt like there was something missing at the memorial. This was the first year we did it on our own and partook. I am no problem that many people on here dont believe, I respect your opinion, but if you are going to claim to believe like the witnesses do, at least do it the right way. Im mean, wow, the last memorial talked about the anointed and why not to partake and then meetings for more than half of it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's a cult. They are just doing what they are told to do by those who stand between them and Jesus.

Their fear makes them do this. A morbid fear of destruction by fire and burying alive. I used to fear, too.

Satan is not in that mentality, power hungry men are.

I don't believe in Satan or the Jesus of the Bible but do believe in the power of suggestion that is used as a weapon by the FDS over those that follow them out of fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit