My mom is dying of lung cancer

by ldrnomo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes, even when you're prepared, it's difficult to deal with the death of a parent. I'm glad you can be with your mother, glad you can talk with her frankly about it. I'm sorry she has cancer.

• heathen
    heathen

So sorry to for your loss. My dad died last month of prostate cancer complications and what a horrible end to face for anybody. I can say tho that I am glad he didn't die on Gods day of wrath . I mean that's pretty bad if you do .

• yknot
    yknot

alt

I am so sorry

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear about your mom.

Maybe this site will help.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25724631/?GT1=43001

• Dagney
    Dagney

So sorry to hear about your mom.

I know what you mean about being able to just accept the goodness of other clergymen rather than going through the JW antics of making sure everyone realizes they are D Y I N G, in the grave, not conscious of anything, asleep in death, and no wakey until that get that paradise earth all ship shape.

May your family have strength and comfort during the days ahead.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Hospice is a good thing. My mother, a JW, passed away from cancer about three years ago. Hospice helped her, and so did the JWs, and so did the non-jws. God bless the people who were there for her because of who she was - a kind, generous, non-judgemental lover of people. I reinstated myself because of her, just so I could be with her without making them feel judgemental toward myself. I'm not a believer, but I know that we need to be on the side of those who are awaiting death. We need to offer the most strength toward them that we can. I wish you, your family and your mother the best.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. It's nice to have an understanding community to communicate with and to share with.

On a side note, I was talking to an elder yesterday and he expressed his sorrow at my Mother's illness and I told him not to be sorry that it was a good thing because she would have been destroyed by Jehovah anyway because she had no intention of ever becoming a Jehovah's Witness and at least now she would be resurected.

You should have seen the look on his face. I wish I could have read his mind at that moment he just nodded his head in aggrement and said nothing it was a moment I will cherish.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit