WTF makes you annointed?

by gloobster 21 Replies latest jw friends

• gloobster
    gloobster
    He dissassociated himself from the organization in the late 1990's because it had apostasized.

He DF'd the DFers? They weren't being Borgly enough for him?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

The younger ones that I knew were on the narcissistic side. They were full of them self and like attention. Some also I knew were a bit wonky. If they get a "feeling" that they are anointed I think it's just indigestion.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I assume you are all aware of the new light....which says that anointed ones are still being picked by Jehovah?

Therefore they are not all oldies anymore. Also a new person who says they are anointed does NOT need to be a REPLACEMENT for an anointed who fell away. They could be a whole new anointed person that Jah just picked.

Apparently God hasn't finished filling the number up to 144000.

It was a study article a couple of months ago, someone should have the reference.

Sirona

• karen96
    karen96

I thought the number was sealed? More new light? I can't believe the rank and file can't see through these ploys to explain why the end hasn't come yet! If only 144,000 are annointed, and there has always been a witless of jah on earth at any point in time, it doesn't add up. Now 19 and 20 year olds can be annointed? Theoretically, the "end of this system" can last another 60-80 years! But keep preaching - you never know when it could happen!

karen

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I remember reading one ex-jw's story. He was a PO and anointed and gave the memorial talk on his way out. During the talk, he said that in an old JW book it says that if the NT feels like a letter from a loving father to a child then you're annointed. The following year, lots more in his cong partook!

The rise in numbers of the remnant apparently ties in with the "new light" regarding the generation. Clever the way they explain the little flock getting bigger and put Armageddon off a few more years in one foul swoop....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There was a brother in our cong years back who partook. He was also mentally ill and took drugs. He would show up at the Memorial dressed in white. Suit, shirt, tie, shoes, everything. He would sit in the front row and old the emblems up high before he partook.

There was another witness who lived next to the "anointed one". The witness would hear "the anointed one" cursing all day long as he worked on his yard.

With that in mind we came up with a new name for him. He is now known as the effin anointed

• heathen
    heathen

I think there is allot more to it than they are willing to say (not like most people don't think they're nuts anyway) but it really is something personal between them and God . I also know that they are instructed to sell all their worldly goods and give gifts of mercy to the poor and as long as they keep seeking first the kingdom and righteousness all their needs will be met and I also feel that the only real ones are martyrs in the end , having to face the final test of getting the ax for their witness to jesus , as mentioned in Revelation . They are the first resurrection that the second death has no authority over.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Washing the floors makes you anointed.

Weird-thinking freaks make you anointed.

Wanting ten Ferraris makes you anointed.

Waiting to fart makes you anointed.

Am I close?

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    Seriously, I've talked to several Brothers and Sisters about certain "anointed" people and in private they say that those people are just "crazy".

SA, what makes them think crazy and annointed are mutually exclusive!?

Everyone knows that you had to call dibs on it before 1935. Oh wait, what? Now anyone can call dibs again after 2007 or whatever. But if you tried between now and 1935, you are still crazy.

-- Not Feeling It

• iloowy
    iloowy

According to WT articles a person "knows" he/she is anointed. Following this "knowing" they partake of the emblems. The Bible tells us that anyone putting faith in God's Son can consider him/herself adopted as a child of God, that is born in Spirit. 1 John 5:1; Romans 8:14.

The 2008 District Convention told us again that the anointed don't have more Holy Spirit than those the Watchtower calls "other sheep".

Those who are anointed are the of "household" of God. The Faithful and Discreet slave are those who provide spiritual information for the benefit of their fellow anointed ones. In other words any anointed can be fed or do the feeding at the proper time thus being part of the household and also being part of the Faithful and Discreet slave class. The Bible tells us that all who are believers in Christ need to tell others about the Good News of his redemptive death and resurrection.

The Governing Body is self chosen out of the Faithful and Discreet class by Watchtower tradition, which started with the Board of Directors, and in the 70s became the Bosses after Knorr died. (It became a Theocratic Oligarchy rather than a Theocratic Dictatorship, in other words). All those in the Governing Body claim anointing status, of course. But in the new Millennium, the Governing Body members who were directors of the Watch Tower Society, resigned their directorship and passed it onto those they call non-anointed "other sheep". However, the Governing Body still manages things behind the scenes, although now a bit more removed from lawsuits against the Watchtower Corporation.

Every year for the past three years the number of those claiming to be of the anointed has grown. Perhaps in part due to the articles in the Watchtower that did away with the idea that after 1935 no more anointed would be called unless one turned apostate. Now the deal is that the number is still not filled and that there may be some who are newly anointed because they'll survive into the Watchtower's promised New World.

If a new person starts claiming to be of the anointed. The members of the congregation will comment behind his/her back and question the anointing. Especially the elders, who will keep this person under watch.

--ILOOWY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit