WTF makes you annointed?

by gloobster 21 Replies latest jw friends

• gloobster
    gloobster

Ok, so I have a serious question. Probably my first on here, but this has always bugged me, and I've never received a satisfactory answer.

How does someone become annointed? When I was a child, my grandpa, who was an elder, told me that if you are of the annointed, you just know. (Like God talks to you? If you weren't a JW they would put you in the loony bin for that!) I can't help but feeling that the WTS probably hand picks the annointed ones and tell them who they are. I'm thinking if you partake at the Memorial and have not talked to the elders/WTS you will get DF'd like a mofo.

If to be an annointed one you have to be born before a certain year, 1925 I think I remember hearing somewhere, almost all of them have received their "heavenly reward" by now. This also means the WTS has probably had to change their views on the annointed in recent times, which fits their style perfectly.

Psychologically speaking, it seems like the annointed ones play a very important role in the grand scheme of things, almost like JW sports heroes. Spread them out equally, so there is one in every congregation or two, and you have people that get to be close to JW superstars. Kind of like miniature cult leaders, if you will.

I didn't explain all that the best way possible, can't seem to come up with the right words at this moment because God doesn't talk to me, but I would really like to know how the annointed are chosen.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Magic Fairy Dust,

Sprinkled on a Full Moon,

By A Unicorn Wearing a Blanket Spun Of Gold,

That Was Made Not By Hands.

True Story.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I have asked my wife and briefly her former pesky study sister about the anointed and the remnant and the sister was really unsure of the number....I think intentionally because she knows I am a numbers person. How could I approach a question on why the number of the remnant has been stable, in not even slightly increasing, lately.

The sister said that someone can lose the anointment if one is unfaithful, and if one loses their anointment, another anointed will fall in place (incorrect term, but you get the point). Remnant folks that pass away are immediately given their heavenly calling, if I remember correctly, and they are not replaced, since the total number of anointed includes those who have passed as well as the remnant, and this number is fixed at 144,000.

Also, what is the jw logic behind the number being literal and the stuff leading to the number, like the reference to 'those who have not defiled themselves with women', the tribes of Isreal (for the most part) among others being figurative??

• sacolton
    sacolton

When you think you're anointed and partake in the emblems - there's 99.9% of the congregation that thinks you're not.

Seriously, I've talked to several Brothers and Sisters about certain "anointed" people and in private they say that those people are just "crazy".

• Gerard
    Gerard

I think that it is a way of saying that the most fanatical members will have additional rewards.

• donny
    donny

My former brother-in-law became "annointed" at age 20 not long after he was baptized. He had begun reading many of the old publications from the Russel/Rutherford era and commented how spiritually deep they were and was often correcting others if they had a mistep in their explanation of JW doctrine. When he came over our home for a visit, he would often stand in the backyard with his face toward the sun, eyes closed and his arms stretched out.

He explained that he was receiving Gods spirit which strengthned him to be ready to sit with Christ when the time arrived. This was in 1987/88. Where is he now?

He dissassociated himself from the organization in the late 1990's because it had apostasized. He and "others" are currently working on documentation and a plan that will show where the Society has fallen from Jehovah's approval, and he and the other annointed who remained faithful to Jehovah will assume control of the once approved Watchtower empire.

Now cue the Twilight Zone music.........................

• sacolton
    sacolton

What was the apostasy of the organization that they discovered?

• james_woods
    james_woods

donny presents a key point:

a) - a great many of the so-called "new annointed" are quite delusional. Otherwise, they must simply be greedy for power or admiration.

b) - this is precisely the group from which future leadership of the society is going to be chosen.

A pretty dysfunctional set of circumstances, it would seem.

• donny
    donny
    What was the apostasy of the organization that they discovered?

In 2005 he gave this long winded explanation that reminded me of listening to old Fred Franz talks with refences to various types and anti-types. It had to do something with the governing body having become a clergy class and how they have allowed the United Nations to become yoked with God's mouthpiece on earth. He also mentioned the Society filing of a friend of the court brief on behalf of Jimmy Swaggart ministries in 1990. It was actually a bit disturbing to see the zeal he has for this "mission."

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Ask me I'm Annoyingted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit