Seven Reasons Why the New iPhone Sucks

by edward612 21 Replies latest jw friends

• edward612
    edward612

http://www.topnewsblog.info/tblog_10437.htm

Look before you leap before buying the new iPhone. This is the iPhone that all of us have been waiting for. It promised to address the deficiencies of the first generation iPhone, but does it really?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm always a "late adaptor" when it comes to technology. By the time I get something, it's already been well-tested and the price has usually come down.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

hillbilly....

you have an IM, an email, a sms text message, and a voice mail ... lol

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

you have an IM, an email, a sms text message, and a voice mail ... lol

WAC

Me and John McCain are waiting for you to send a postcard.

J

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Reason 1: It sucks because I don't have one!

• donkey
    donkey

I have one and it is amazing. It is a whole new computing platform. In 2 weeks they already have over 900 applications in the app store. This is huge. I have a Blackberry curve also and for email the Blackberry is still more efficient. But when it comes to web browsing or mobile computing the iPhone is a disruptive technology.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I've had a Windows Mobile phone with a physical keyboard, 3G, user replaceable battery, and replaceable flash memory, tethering capability, and stereo bluetooth since 2005. Almost everything the iphone gets credit for "inventing" was done long ago by Windows Mobile phones. My current WM phone has all that plus GPS (including free turn by turn directions through either Windows Live Search or Google Maps) and is a much more open platform with tens of thousands of apps and a huge hacker community. And this phone is over a year old.

Don't get me wrong, the iphone has a better screen, a better UI, is thinner, and has a couple genuine innovations (multi-touch is cool). The iphone 3G brings it closer to the capabilities that WM has had for years. But most of the hype around all the things the iphone can do are not new, just new to the uneducated. For myself, I wouldn't even consider one until they put a physical keyboard on it (have you tried inputting odd names on their "predictive" onscreen keyboard?) and open it to other carriers in the US. I'm hopeful about Android and fully expect my next phone to run on it.

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

all the things wrong with the i-phone?

1. at&t is the carrier

2.if you don't have 3g coverage it's a waste of money

3. the 3g cuts the battery time in half.

4.3/4 of the apps are retarded (like the ibeer) and serve no relevant purpose

5. did i mention at&t being the carrier

how do I know this? my wife works for at&t and has a business i-phone and she hates it and i get to play with it,she likes the blackberry though. she also keeps a verizon for personal use if that tells you something about at&t.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

4.3/4 of the apps are retarded (like the ibeer) and serve no relevant purpose

Omg, my hubby downloaded that one

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

i'll admit i put it on her phone as well out of curiosity, and it loses funnyness after the first couple times. IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit