To Mrsjones5, Freudianslip, snowbird and other folks of color

by donny 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

Based on the material below from the Faithful and Discreet Slave, I was wondering if any of you experienced any of this "enlightment" during your JW sojurn. Based on your pictures, I would have to say you must have been weak in the faith. What is puzzling though, is why did Michael Jackson dissassociate himself just before reaching perfection? What a waste!

Watch Tower 1904 February 15 pp.52-53 “Can the Ethiopian change his skin?”

“What the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men and the differences between their languages have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question. How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. God can change the Ethiopian's skin in his own due time. Prof. H. A. Edwards, Supt. of Schools in Slater, Mo., has written for the public press an elaborate description of how Julius Jackson, of New Frankfurt, Mo., a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901 , and is now fully nine-tenths white. He assures us that this is no whitish skin disease; but that the new white skin is as healthy as that of any white boy, and that the changed boy has never been sick and never has taken medicines”

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Obviously they didn't humble themselves and unquestionly follow the direction of the FDS!

Sheesh.

However, I am always overjoyed to read more examples of the WT's shame!

• *summer*
    *summer*

this is a joke, right???

the sad part is...some people read this and actually believed it!

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL at Donny.

Although, my skin is quite pale in contrast to that of some Black people, at heart I'm as black as the ace of spades!

Russell was a pandering, paternalistic, patronizing, myopic fool!

I wonder what he would think of Barack Obama.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Someone once told me "Being black is a state of mind".

• changeling
    changeling

Is it me, or this a really weird thread???

changeling :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I hope it wasn't me!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Strange thread, but exposes just how ignorant and beyond belief some of the organization's teachings have been, and there are some today that continue to be pretty darn stupid as well.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I Googled that, and also found ......

Watchtower July 15 1902 The Negro Not A Beast pp. 215-216. “While it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Aryan) family; and also we should remember that some of the qualities which have given this branch of the human family its preeminence in the world are not such as can be pointed to as in all respects admirable….The secret of the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian undoubtedly in great measure is to be attributed to the commingling of blood amongst its various branches; and this was evidently forced in large measure by circumstances under divine control.”

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

This is certainly further evidence that Jesus Christ inspected this organization and found that they alone were the only ones transmitting God's truth here on the planet.

Thus Jesus Christ himself (who also happens to be white) appointed this white supremacist organization in 1919 over all his belongings (including some, in Russel's opinion, inferior negroes).

Yeah, right.....

_____

Before Sam Herd, no African American has served on the GB... I guess it took about 100 years for the GB to realize that African Americans really are equal to whites...

Here's to human equality (from a godless, yet moral, person who recognizes the equality of the human race, not races)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit