What was the most laughable JW teaching??

by chuckyy 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• karen96
    karen96

One of the most absurd is that women are not allowed to teach in the congregation. Plenty of women in my old cong. could have done a better job than the elders and servants!

Another is what a married couple does in the bedroom is the business of anyone else. My ex was an elder, and he had no problem with it - "If two people in a marriage love each other, it's ok" he would say with a big sh*t-eating grin!

Karen

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Sneakers bars taste like feet! WHAT! masterbation makes you gay Damn here I thought I was a lesbian now I know it!

• StAnn
    StAnn

The way they hold out 607 BCE as if it is an actual, legitimate date. I learned it was wrong in the first week of freshman level college history. The idea that they think they can just change the dates in history and people will buy it is absurd......oh, wait, they've been changing around dates and rewriting history pretty much since they began, haven't they?

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

bttt

• donny
    donny

He said - well, Jehovah will at that point reset the sun and make it immortal.

I said - well, then why didn't he make it immortal the first time? After all, Adam & Eve were supposed to live here forever back then, and God didn't know they were going to sin

Apparently the sun sinned as well. It was supposed to be a Main Sequence White star until it defied God and took on a yellow hue. As a result, God declared it would forever be a yellow dwarf. But look at the bright side, he could have opened its side and took out some hydrogen and made another one and assigned them binary star status.

Image:Sun920607.jpg

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Mary said: <br><br><br>Jehovah will make black people white in the Noo System of Things. <br><br>&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Watch Tower 1904 February 15 pp.52-53 “Can the Ethiopian change his skin?” <br><br>&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;“What the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men and the differences between their languages have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question. How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. God can change the Ethiopian's skin in his own due time. Prof. H. A. Edwards, Supt. of Schools in Slater, Mo., has written for the public press an elaborate description of how Julius Jackson, of New Frankfurt, Mo., a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901, and is now fully nine-tenths white. He assures us that this is no whitish skin disease; but that the new white skin is as healthy as that of any white boy, and that the changed boy has never been sick and never has taken medicines” <br><br>&lt;b r&gt;&lt;br&gt;If Michal Jackson can do this so can Jehobah

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

OMG This thread is hilarious...

A good t-shirt slogan:

"The Watchtower Society: none of the inspiration, all of the authority"

I'm buying this shirt !!

• Ima Apostate
    Ima Apostate

The 144,000 doctrine. Basically that they out of the entire population of the planet that has existed for all time are the chosen ones who will go to heaven and only they may take Communion.

I smell bullshit.

Ima

• Ima Apostate
    Ima Apostate

Hey Matthews,

I never felt as desired at 15 as I did at the Kingdom Hall! Where else would 30 year old men take an active interest in me?

Ima

• SurfsUp
    SurfsUp

You were not allowed to say "God Bless You" when someone sneezes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit