What was the most laughable JW teaching??

by chuckyy 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• dawg
    dawg

Matthews... you're a good looking young lady, I remember the days when I was a JW, there weren't too many nice looking ladies to be found...Hard to blame a MS for staking out his territory.

• Prov1320
    Prov1320

How about the fact that women have to cover their heads to show respect for spiritual headship?

I remember my sister doing this and i thought to myself: "how ridiculous". I went on a study with her (it was hers) and she was trying to explain to her study the absurdity behind this belief.

Prov

• flipper
    flipper

The 144,000 is a pretty silly, far fetched teaching . Which is coming back to bite them in the hiney as now the number partaking is increasing each year ! Eventually one would think the number would decrease as the anointed die - but wait ! New light, maybe the sealing of the anointed isn't over ! Please, give me a break. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• M.J.
    M.J.

The Great Crowd is the same as the "other sheep" and is a class of JWs not part of the New Covenant who will live on earth. That "before the throne" means "on earth" and that "in heaven" means "on earth".

That 24 elders were the same as the 144,000, that the 144K weren't resurrected into heaven until 1918 (and therefore non-existent until then)......and that John was having a conversation with them in the first century.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

That you had to be evenly yolked,which scared the crap out of me because there were alot of geeks in my congregation( don't worry I married a Wordly STUD!)

• Sway
    Sway

I never understood the prohibition on facial hair, especially when all the biblical men in the WT books are shown with beards.

Hey Miss Matthews, wish I were 20 years younger, any date between you and me would have been totally unchaperoned!

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I have to agree with dmouse. The whole thing about lions and other meat eating animals turning vegetarian is so stupid.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Where do I begin? Okay, how about with "we are the true religeon". There, I began. And I could go on for quite some time!

MMO

• JK666
    JK666

Let's skip the teachings for now, and go to some of their rules.

Let's say, If you have a party, and some people leave and end up fornicating, it is your fault for having the party.

Let's extrapolate this a bit further:

What is the biggest party for JW's each year? The District or International Conventions!

Has their ever been any "hanky panky" after the session? More than anywhere else, as you are out of town and people are able to hide what they are doing!

Is the Governing Body, or the Convention Overseer responsible for this conduct? WELL, OF COURSE NOT!

Hypocrites!

JK

• JK666
    JK666

That disfellowshipping is a "loving provision."

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit