Just got my copy of "Crisis of Conscience"

by JimmyPage 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You're missing the 2 books by C O Jonnson...

Gentile Times Reconsidered... debunks the 1914 myth - a must read...

Signs of the Last Days (co-written with Wolfgang Herbst)... shows that the 1914 era is no more earthquake, war, or disease prone than any other period in history.... shows how the WTS misquotes scientists to make whatever point they want to...

Lance

• flipper
    flipper

JIMMY- " The Kingdom of the Cults " by Walter Martin is another good one which describes much more information on the REAL history of the Jehovah's Witnesses from Russell's days till present ! And what's good about this book is in the other chapters it describes Mormon's, Scientology, and goes into many other cults of various religion's.So it's not JUST about the witnesses. Although they devote a long, entire chapter to the witnesses, like the other cults mentioned as well. It is an interesting read

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

I am going to check out these other books everyone is recommending...thanks!

But I will volunteer that CoC is one of the most important, and surely one of the most impacting, books I have ever read in my life.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Add Age of Reason by Thomas Paine to the reading list, and enjoy the mix!

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

Thank you for the recommendation!!

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I'm currently reading Combatting Cult Mind-Control. Crisis of Conscience is being passed down to the ex-JWs in my family. My father had it first, now my brother has it, and I'm getting it next. My brother's had it for so long I think I may just bite the bullet and buy my own copy lol.

• hubert
    hubert

There is another book called "Captives of a Concept" that proves the Watchtower is not the F and D, as they claim. It's by Don Cameron, he posts here also, and you can get it on line for 5 bucks at "Lulu.com". Well worth reading.

Hubert

Okay, I bought it 5 years ago. It's gone up to 7 bucks now, due to inflation, but still well worth it.

I stand corrected.

Hubert

• Gayle
    Gayle

I bring these books mentioned here in this thread to the West Phoenix ex-JW Meetup monthly to share/loan with others. I have other books written by x-JWs of their lives,,like "Out of the Cocoon", "Mother's Club",, and some one brought at the last Meetup "Has anyone Seen my Mother?." I got it and read it within a few days. Everyone goes on with their lives, some impacted in different ways more or less, but we all have a commoness of our past. Our group is diversified but we have a wonderful understanding support group, non-doctrinal and non-judgemental, and share even much humor with our unique past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit