Afraid of the end of the world?

by LearningMore 29 Replies latest jw friends

• fifi40
    fifi40

I was a born and raised................and a hook, line and sinker devotee.......................I was disfellowshipped about 8 years ago and at that time still affected by jw teaching..................finding this site nearly 2 years ago has opened my eyes completely and I now know I was manipulated by false teachings and mind control...............undertsanding this has helped me lots..................and I cant remember the last time I thought about Armageddon..............it just doesnt feature in my thoughts or fears.

Fi

• trevor
    trevor

Like many here - my world ended some years ago.

The one I live in now is much better. This one will end when I die, as has always been the way.

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

Thanks all for your comments. I like hearing that I am not completely unusual. I am listening to REMs "End of the world as I know it (and I feel fine)." Thanks for that suggestion. Music is really powerful. :) Also, WELCOME fern!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

As I put it to my JW friends:

If I made a mistake with all this then I can be confident that Jehovah will judge me with the highest and most righteous principles I could ever ask for.

If I haven't made a mistake with all this then I can be confident that Jehovah will judge me with the highest and most righteous principles I could ever ask for.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

LearningMore,

Have you researched Daniel and Revelation? If not, I suggest How to Read the Bible: History, Prophecy, Literature - Why Modern Readers Need to Know the Difference, and What It Means for Faith Today.

Also, here's an interesting site on apocalyptic belief:

frontline: apocalypse!: pictorial chronology

• yknot
    yknot

I frequently fall back on my childhood training to 'discern' world events.......to test the climate for you know what....

So far what I have found is a world that is shifting in a global sense but far from being a global world. For there to be a 'united world' there appears the need for there to be a unionized world. Though admittedly a global catastrophy could occur and move up such events .......but we are talking way into my children's adulthood or even there childrens........that said I think all of us could flip that 'Armageddon' switch mentally like a flicking on a light from off to on.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Besides the book recommended by Eyes Open... please also obtain: "A History of the End of the World". It will take away your fear of it....

BTW, The world was already scheduled for demolition years ago... didn't you see Hitchhiker's Guide?

• megs
    megs

I'm a non-dub... I never thought about it... I think Global Warming scares me, but I don't expect the end of the world in my lifetime...

• flipper
    flipper

Nah, I'm not afraid of the end of the world , because it's not going to happen ! It is just a scare tactic that all religions use, Jehovah's Witnesses included to keep their members controlled ! Life is good , the sun will keep coming up each day, believe me. It always has ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Layla33
    Layla33

There is nothing to fear, but fear itself.

The world has "ended" many times. Enjoy your life and don't let fear control you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit