Giving talks terrified my hubby-how about you?

by QuestioningEverything 19 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I always liked the #4 talks because I could do extra research and share gems of real truth. Always was sure to have old watchtower articles to back up my views in case someone critisized me for going against "present truth". Surprisingly nobody ever did, and aways complimented me.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

My first talk was at 6. I was never nervous, probably because I was a self admitted attention monger. I must admit my public speaking ability has opened doors in my career that were slammed shut due to no college.

• feenx
    feenx

I never liked what it was I was talking about, but the experience itself was great. That moment, standing in the back of the hall, waiting to be called up, looking out over the audience...definite rush, a good rush. Then once on stage, seeing all their faces, being able to pick out the ones that were actually listening, the ones that were evaluating and the ones that could give a rats arss...haha. And I definitely liked competing with my father for who could come up with the best illustration for a talk. He won most of the time, but I had my moments. If only I wasn't talking about WTBS B.S.

feenx
    Indigo Insight

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I enjoyed givng talks back in 73, 74, 75. After January 1, 76 I lost the feeling for it.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

"Then once on stage, seeing all their faces, being able to pick out the ones that were actually listening"

I think anyone( that means brothers) who has given a Public Talk has experienced this. Maybe 10% of the audience is actually listening.

• chickpea
    chickpea

sounds like us!

i had no problem and actually
    wrote everyone's talks ( hub and 3 kids+mine)

• RR
    RR

I never had a problem giving talks. I guess I was a "natural". I feel very comfortable on stage. When I first joined the school, the elders would get upset because I didn't use notes.

RR

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

I never had a problem giving talks, I really loved getting up there, wearing my best suit, and looking at people straight in the eye. I used to like to use props or drawing which pertained to the talk I was giving, which had to be pretty good since you only had what 5 minutes.

DJ_Q

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

The only time I was comfortable in the hall was when I was on stage.

• gloobster
    gloobster

I never gave a talk. But I was sure terrified at the prospect of have to sit through them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit