Limiting comments by kids during WT Study

by navytownroger 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would presume that it is because small children naturally practice the most basic morality before the religious world corrupts it. They naturally do what is good for themselves and refrain from doing what is bad for themselves (though often they do not know the bad consequences of an act, and they have to learn to do what is good for society as well).

It is only a matter of time before a child that is particularly intelligent and that is trying to stay in this free state of thinking as long as possible is going to make a fully integrated comment. The washtowel paragraph blatantly contradicts what is good for self or society, or what an earlier washtowel (or the Bible) said. The child comments on it, and it throws off the congregation. Many adults are stumbled by this child, who is too young to get baptized (only 3 oe 4). And several turn apostate.

Which is why the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is trying to control them. The hounder-hounder made yet another additional rule expounding on this, limiting it to a specific number of child comments per study.

I bet they never thought of me as being child-like, because I would mimic Blondie and make a comment that would highlight a blatant contradiction between the washtowel and a previous washtowel, the Bible, or core morals.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Personally I think that hearing the kids is the only highlight of a meeting....most are canned anwsers but still they can be funny. We always studied the watchtower with our kids freestyle...then we let them loose with their own anwsers....on one discussion of headship principle the question was asked..so who does not have a head? My son shot up his hand and said John the baptiser....we all cracked up.

Still I am glad we stopped before the awful ORAL study took place...I would have not wanted my children to hear that information or to even attempt to anwser any questions. I can honestly say our kids were open and had the chance to say no if they didnt want to take part...just glad we woke up and dont have to put then through learning rubbish by rote.

chicken little

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

this is old news....*** w03 9/1 p. 22 Praise Jehovah “in the Middle of the Congregation” *** The one conducting will not necessarily call on the first person who raises his hand. This could discourage those who need a little time to formulate their thoughts. By waiting briefly, he will give someone who has not already commented the chance to do so. He will also show discernment by not calling on small children to answer questions dealing with subjects that are beyond their comprehension.

• sir82
    sir82
    He will also show discernment by not calling on small children to answer questions dealing with subjects that are beyond their comprehension.

But, by God, that little 5 year old better sit absolutely still and utterly soundless for 2 consecutive hours, because it is so vitally important for him to sit there and listen to things beyond his comprehension. No toys! No coloring books! No snacks! No sleeping!

Idiots.

• K.Matthews
    K.Matthews

Meetings would have been better if I wasn't allowed to comment at all. Oh wait, eventually that did occur! Yaaay for me !!

• freetosee
    freetosee

I doubt this is coming from the very top. So many are leaving the org and a large portion of bap. candidates are children of jws. I believe the wts will focus more and more on getting children involved. Also children giving answers and having parts during the program adds to the effective love bombing in order to impress visitors. Maybe a local wt conductor went over board (and over time) having (his own?)children giving lengthy answers and somebody didnt like it...

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I for one greatly disliked it when kids were called to answer, if i had wanted to be in a sunday school class i would have gone to a different church. Now I don't care it is all childish anyway and you are encouraged not to get to deep or you may confuse the conductor.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Many years ago when I was an elder conducting the Washtowel study a circuit overseer told me after the study to limit calling on children because it was an adult study. So, no hard rule just a CO's opinion.

LD

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

funny, the inactive kids in the hall here CONSTANTLY get called on (at least 2 years ago) -- i sometimes wondered if they were being favoured actually.

maybe youre just an arse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit