Limiting comments by kids during WT Study

by navytownroger 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

I was told recently by a Ministerial Servant that the word had come down from above that from now on only two comments by children will be allowed during the WT Study. The reason: The meetings are geared to adults, not children. Has anyone else heard of this policy?? This seems to be just a continuation of the WTBTS anti-child mindset. Won't this cause even more kids to eventually abandon the JW religion when they reach 18?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I hadn't heard this and seems like a local dictate.

Commenting is one thing that helps keep the kids focused and they get positive attention for it. The WT leaders really have no concept of what is necessary to raise healthy children.

Glad I'm out.

-Aude.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Since the meetings are only for adults why don't the numbnuts set up something for the kids? Geez!

• chickpea
    chickpea
    Since the meetings are only for adults why don't the numbnuts set up something for the kids?

good question, mrsj!

i remember the elder that studied with us
    was sooooo righteous about how JWs
    didnt send the kids off when the real
    meat was tossed to the masses....
    intimating that it was another failing
    of christendom's churches to do so.....

poor kids..... i really feel for them

• blondie
    blondie

If the children don't comment, will that force the adults to comment? I don't think so.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

It is hard to figure out why comments by children would be limited to an arbitrary number. So much of the Watchtower material is sophomoric and childish anyway. Who else is going to answer such simplistic questions such as: "Who is the Grand Instructor?" "Who is the Greater Moses?" "Who are the only people preaching in all of the inhabited earth?".

Apparently, children are not qualified to contribute adequately to the Watchtower's discussions, but adult-sized spiritual infants are.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Kids having the chance to comment is the only enjoyment they get now. Geez!!! They try to take what little fun out of everything!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

I loved it when parents would hand the microphone to their young child and whisper the answer:

MOTHER: Say "Jehovah".

CHILD: JAHOBUR!

[audience claps]

• james_woods
    james_woods

Surely that must be just a local thing, brought on by some very aged elders with a lower bowel problem and no tolerance for the young.

In my day as WT conductor, we had to work hard before and after meetings to keep the kids focused and get even one comment out of some of them. Of course, others would comment on every paragraph if you let them, but that is up to the study conductor to move things along.

And to think they used to be so proud that children did not have special sunday schools - they were participating as adults!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't know how much merit there is to this, but it does interest me. I always thought it was an odd hybrid of a school for people ages 3-100. How could they possibly teach effectively with such a broad range of experience and senility. The answer is they can't and everything is completely dumbed down and repetitive.

Not that I'm there anymore but a separate WT/school would probably do them some good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit