Blind salamanders - any creationists up to a challenge?

by sir82 40 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It is defiantly a new species...

It may be defiant, but what makes it a species?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nice try sir82. Unfortunately the salamanders aren't the only blind ones around.

• dawg
    dawg

I really don't know snakes...

I can say that in the case of some species, they are classified "different species" because they have drifted so much genetically, pheromones or seasons for mating have changed to the extent they can't mate...

Or, how they mate, where the penis enters, or the like.

Sometimes the species have changed so much they are violent towards one another... wolves and dogs come to mind.

I really don't have an answer to your quesiton though, I guess you'd have to put them together and see if they get it on.

Take a look at that Texas species, it looks very different than any other species. But you have a good question, one I can't answer with my limited knowledge.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Dawg, google "Species Problem" sometime.

It is interesting.

BTS

• dawg
    dawg

Think of this though Ships, Salamander A lives next to the cave opening, but never goes in... he never mates with the Blind Salamander. So, that's speciation...they can't/won't mate. Does it really matter why they are different species? In my mind it doesn't, they are different species just the same.

Another example... there are 9 species of Rattlesnake... some species share the same environment, they don't mate... why?

But, did they swim off the Ark... go 2500 miles and settle only in North America? Did they come from the garden of Eden and not leave any offspring along the way to settle only in North America...? Not likely.

• dawg
    dawg

Actually, there are 50 species and several sub species... sorry

But the fact remains, the same, you don't see an Eastern Rattlesnake humping a Timber Rattler here in Georgia... they share the same range

• BurnTheShips
  • dawg
    dawg

Interesting article Ships...

But you do agree speciation occurs, right? I mean this article doesn't really address that.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I don't disagree with it.

I just want more evidence!

I've been searching like crazy for a thread from last year where ring species were used as examples of speciation regarding a western US family of salamanders and a family of gulls ringing the north Atlantic. I found evidence that the ring "ends", which were being used as examples of speciation by genetic drift, were in fact genetically compatible.

BTS

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think creationist believe in the evolution that you mention and the evolution that is observable.

Most of them call it apdaptation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit