How Do JWs Treat You NOW?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

My family and JW friends avoid me like the plague which suits me very well as I want nothing more to do with them. We have nothing in common anymore.

My brother explained that he could never see me again but offered to write from time to time. The terms were unacceptable to me and I refused to be relegated to penfriend, after the love we had shared and stopped all communication.

It is less painful that way, otherwise there is a tendency to live in hope and pretend that a relationship still exists.

• minimus
    minimus

They totally avoid you because they "love" you.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Most will ignore you. Some will still wave.---but most of these are alone in the car and are independant ones which feel the same way you do but have their whole life wrapped around a local KH. ---Too old to start over and too old to really care any more. They will just let things be as they are.

Some will turn away and ignore you. ---It is best to walk up to these types and shout out, "Well hello you old Jehovah Witness, how are you?" Doing this in a public place will bring joy to your heart when you see the reaction from the rank and file.

Be nice but have fun with the R & F robots. You will put a smile on EVERYONE that hears you!!

There have been a few that I had to get right in their face and boy did they CHANGE the borg attitude to a different tone.....Oh yes! Very true!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

No shunning if we meet in the store, but there isn't any reaching out to see if I'm dead or alive, either.

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome back, Mr. Kim.

• minimus
    minimus

I just ran into a MS JW and he was quite nice......see, not everyone sucks!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

The only dubs that would know who I am live almost 2 states away. Since I left that area while still in good standing, none of them would recognize me now anyway. As far as the local dubs? As typical of small minded judgemental folks, they give me a wide birth generally not even attempting to witness. Most don't even risk eye contact, it's good to be a freak

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Don't see 'em, Dont miss 'em, Don't care.

• minimus
  • Quirky1
    Quirky1

The only time I ever see them is at a local restaurant and they always acknowledge me but seem distant. With the exception of two of them. We still do lunch.

Some used to e-mail me from time to time but not anymore.

I think the shunning has started.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit