How Do JWs Treat You NOW?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Mostly they treat me as though i am disfellowshipped which i am not.......unless they want their windows cleaning of course then it's an entirely different matter.

Paul

• TrekkerJW
    TrekkerJW

I faded shortly after moving to a new town; most of the Dubs here are still polite to me when I bump into them, some are downright friendly.

It's a bit different with those from my hometown, though; they usually pretend they don't see me, even when I directly acknowledge them. I expected that reaction when I went to my brother's wedding on the weekend, but I got smiles from several and had a nice chat with my bro's groomsman, who I expected would also shun me. And I had great conversations with a couple of cousins, even after introducing my partner (I'm gay) to them. One of my sisters and her husband were pretty nasty when I came out a few years ago, but they were warm and welcoming, too. I guess you just never know, do you?

• minimus
    minimus

You never know which response you'll get from a given Witness. Either they snub or "love".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They treat me better than ever. They used to criticize me all the time and make derogatory remarks about my appearance. Now they leave me alone.

W

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I don’t have any problems. They are fine with me, maybe there are one or two that don’t want to talk and shun. Happened once when I was working around a fading JW’s house. This couple came around to visit the people that I was working for and I felt like Patrick Swayze in the film Ghost. I was talking but no one was looking at me. Felt like picking up a coin and freaking them out.

But that is the only time that I have had problems. I work for quite a few of them and chat with them, not letting on all that I know, but asking pertinent questions about things like the changing of doctrine and dates that have come and gone.

But in all, I can’t say that they treat me too differently.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Minimus said: "Welcome back, Mr. Kim." ___________________________________________________ Thank you! Man! You have been busy! That is a high count of posts! -LOL Oh well, I don't have a lot of free time. Just been working and paying the bills. But, I did manage to publish my book. And it has sold thousands!! I can't argue about the $$$$$$!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Having been D/A'ed in absence circa 95 and not ever meeting other Dub's as I had moved away I always had a stupid on/off relationship with my family, and when my father passed in 05 (elder) the idiots from his Cong all completely shunned me at his funeral and seem to take delight in doing so(twats) so the Wimbledon Cong ; you can be proud of yourselves, so unless things have changed in the last 3 years still the same here

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

Reply As a fader, my relative calls occasionally, and a former close friend leaves "encouraging messages" on my voice mail. When I moved back to my home town, I did not transfer to my old congregation. So the most people here are under the assumption that I still attend meetings at the congregation in the city where I used to live. The elders in that congregation have not sheparded me yet, probably because I live in an "urban" area and are afraid of the natives and my "unbelieving" husband. Of course, this is all going as planned!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Actually two fo them, relatives no less, who are about 7 or so years older than me were eating in my workplace the other day. They did 2 or 3 double takes and then marched out the doors. Not sure if they were done eating or not as I was just coming on shift at the time.

On a visit home a youth I grew up with and her mother put their hands to the side of their faces and looked away then crossed the street so I would not see them.

I haven't really had too much contact with JWs other than that. Well..JWs who knew me which is the real question now isn't it minimus? Other JWs just treat me like a punk ass kid with weird hair that is possessed by Satan. I the mormons give me the willies too, if it wasn't for the name badges I would think they were JWs.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

don't you just want to go up and smooch on them? Give them big hugs and watch them squirm? Walk toward them waggling your fingers at them and saying "cooties cooties cooties I'm gonna give you cooties?"

I live in a different county than the one I grew up in. JWs out here don't know anything about me. I know who they are, they don't know who I am. Suits me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit