Scientology: Better Or Worse Than JW's?

by gloobster 25 Replies latest jw friends

• gloobster
    gloobster

Not sure if I think Scientology is better or worse than the J-Dubs. They are pretty effed up, but at least they don't try to hide behind the bible.

Anyone?

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

On Par.

Its all Crazy Ass Sh*t.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

The Scientology Church has been charged with fraud and extortion in some European countries. I don't think that would happen with the WTBS.

I'd say worse.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Better or Worse?

It's a bit like asking who's sh*t smells the worst, yours or mine?

Answer is it doesn't really matter they both still stink of sh*t.

Paul

• Mary
    Mary

Between the two evils, I'd have to say Scientology is even worse. And that ain't no easy feat.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Much worse.

Scientology has been know to use personal files kept on members that contain sensitive information and use it to extort money out of their followers. From what I understand the Scientology organization is very unlike the JWs in the sense that those at the top know it is a scam, and so are willing to sink to even lower depths in order to get what they want.

I really think the biggest different is Scientologys thirst for money. They will take every penny you have and then ask for more. The JWs are not nearly as aggressive in this respect. Scientology also goes through a lot of effort to try and destroy their ex-members through emotional, financial, and legal means.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Drew Sagan -

has anyone ever told you you look a bit like Harry Potter? Only without the lightning scar.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have a friend who was in the elite sea-org of Scientology, and worked the engine room on L.Ron Hubbard's yacht Apollo. He left sometime before Hubbard died because he didn't think he was being treated with enough respect.

To tell the truth, I don't think he is actually free from it to this day. He would be much like a witness who left over strictly personal reasons but still believes much or all of the doctrine. They did not give him much trouble after he left, but he does not make a visible effort to oppose them. Their teachings are extremely wacko - and they make every effort to keep the most wacko parts of it completely secret within the membership.

He is actually afraid of them - he knows that if he were to take a public stand against them they would probably come after him in some personal way.

I get the impression that the Scientoloty is more a money-making scam than anything related to religion. JWs, on the other hand, are a true-believing nonsense epocalyptic cult, absolutely in love with their crazy doctrines - whatever moey comes along with it is almost incidental but important to the very inner core. The JWs have never directly solicited literally tens of thousands of dollars from each and every one of their cult members - they are a little more circumspect about that part of it.

Both equally bad, IMHO - but bad in their distinctly different ways.

• trevor
    trevor

The Scientology does offer a more practical life plan than the JWS and encourages education and wealth making, so their members are generally less impoverished physically.

But they are both mind control groups who enslave their followers.

It is like trying to pick a favourite nostril.

• yknot
    yknot

I am voting Scientology.......a bit lawsuit happy those folks against it's former members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit