how many wanted to just run away?...disappear?....after....

by oompa 38 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

....waking up to the real truth about the truth?......when it first really hit me like a shovel in the face.....i actually said to the CO i would have to leave my wife and son (not hers)) and he is now 20 (not the CO..my son), and i said it because i knew i would now never measure up to the "spiritual head" model. cause i knew it was all bs...but have not really ran away yet....at least not for more than a week at a time.........doing better actually.......but did you want to at least move or something??...........oompa

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was very happy to finally let go of the bullcaca.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Oompa.......NAAAA I had already started my fade when I learned the troof about the troof. I am much happier knowing it was all a lie but the hard part is that I still have 2 sons that think otherwise. At least my older son still believes. So, I won't rock their boat as I have a grandson that I wish to watch grow up. Same story , eh Oompa?? At least I haven't been inside a KH in over 4 years, thank you very much.

However, I would just love to rock the boats of some very hard core family members that think the sun shines out of bethel.

NMG

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have a door on my house..I just closed it......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• wings
    wings

for me physically leaving my situation saved my life. However, I do understand that others have situations that are different. Just know I understand.

wings

• oompa
    oompa

VERY suprised....thought more would have felt that way...but no bother...just crazier than I thought I was...........thanks.......oompa

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yes Oomps. I do want to run away and start over again... I hear ya bud!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When I finally couldn't live with all the BS, I had to run......and I ran 600 miles.....to start a new life.

I had to go. I couldn't have lived if I had stayed.

• whitman
    whitman

Hey Oompa, you are not alone. I did run away and I did hide. I moved out of home, didn't tell anyone where I was going, I quit my job - and obviously pioneering as well - and I went into serious hermit mode. I had a bit of money saved to live off for a while. For about four or five months I was locked in my rented place and I just read and read and read. By that stage I had no money left so I ate very little and just kept on reading and taking as much in as possible. It helped put things in some kind of perspective. The harshness of the reality in terms of the implications of the borg was diminished slightly by being able to see it for what it was from the outside.

When the dubs found out where I had moved they started calling constantly. So I just packed up my stuff and moved again - this time interstate. And again - I just read and watched films and tried to figure out how to be an honest 'me' in this very weird situation. Running and being a hermit helped.

I suspect you need to find a way to put this stuff into perspective and not let it consume you. If you allow it to consume you - well, then the borg is still impacting on your life... and they kind of win. Don't let them win.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oomp, my life intervened and took me away to Hawaii for 9 months. While there, my JW husband decided he would divorce me and I didn't object. I was there to help my daughter who was deathly ill and pregnant. I never did return to live in Atlanta. Wanting to run away is natural, even four and five year olds want to run away at times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit