how many wanted to just run away?...disappear?....after....

by oompa 38 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa
    Razhor: My question to you all is why run away. Are you afraid of what they can do to you? NOTHING.... The worst they can do is disfellowship you. I know that your family (if they are J-dub's) won't be able to talk to you. But that's all B.S.

Welcome newbie! And just what ynot said, but more. Part of the desire to run away is because i do not fit in anymore. I have posted more than once that even though not dfd, or da'd, I am shunned and even when around some of my old jw friends who still treat me decent....I feel like a FREAK!!!!.......so thus, my desire to run away somewhere where i am not under scrutiny, but also so I don't stick out like a FREAK!!! I was a dub for 44 years....and am 4th frikkin generation!.....damm my great grandpa...just damm him to hell!!

weird as it may seem, adjusting to my new WORLD about me is easier by being with those of similar happenings...thus the traffic at JWD, and the meetups....and yeah...I REALLY REALLY like having ex-dubs over, and hanging out with my df'd son and his friends....and I guess that is cause i do not feal like a FREAK around them!!!!...........oompa

maybe running...or starting over somewhere else would just be easier

• oompa
    oompa
    Razhor: My question to you all is why run away. Are you afraid of what they can do to you? NOTHING.... The worst they can do is disfellowship you. I know that your family (if they are J-dub's) won't be able to talk to you. But that's all B.S.

Welcome newbie! And just what ynot said, but more. Part of the desire to run away is because i do not fit in anymore. I have posted more than once that even though not dfd, or da'd, I am shunned and even when around some of my old jw friends who still treat me decent....I feel like a FREAK!!!!.......so thus, my desire to run away somewhere where i am not under scrutiny, but also so I don't stick out like a FREAK!!! I was a dub for 44 years....and am 4th frikkin generation!.....damm my great grandpa...just damm him to hell!!

weird as it may seem, adjusting to my new WORLD about me is easier by being with those of similar happenings...thus the traffic at JWD, and the meetups....and yeah...I REALLY REALLY like having ex-dubs over, and hanging out with my df'd son and his friends....and I guess that is cause i do not feal like a FREAK around them!!!!...........oompa

maybe running...or starting over somewhere else would just be easier

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I had that feeling many times, even when I was still in. I guess it was my inner self telling me I wasn't on the path to contentment. However, I always had my obligations and growing up the way I did it just wasn't an option to walk away from everything. Also, since I was in college at the time that I faded away, I had that as a distraction. I could get interested in learning about something and I had my friends from school... I guess that was what kept me from jumping ship entirely. Oh, and the fact that I loved my wife with everything I had, of course.

• oompa
    oompa

awwwwwww ((((((((((((((((DJ Q))))))))))))))))))))))))

Glad you got it off your chest.....but had to let you know.....all your sins are forgiven my son! Really.........what loving god could not give any caring sinning person a pass??? hell he chose to pass sin on by birth acording to one holy book anyway.....so if he does have an essense of love about him, 99 pecent of us are going to be ok.....there are really only as small percent of really hellaciously evil people on this beautiful planet.........take care..........oompa

• oompa
    oompa
    Devilsnok:

I think I might have won the "who ran away the furthest" contest in here.

lol...you may have to do a thread on that contest...you may just win....i was thinking costa rica....or china....if i do china i may beat you.

Quirky1:

Yes, I have almost done it several times but I keep holding on. It would be difficult for me to leave my children. Even tho one has mentioned going where I go. I just wanted to run away and start anew. Sometimes I still feel this way.

Even before my departure from the JW's I wanted to trasnfer or find a new job elsewhere. I figured this would be the only way my wife would be able to get away from the cult.

ok quirky....time for a profile....your post made me wonder some things about you and you have to profile....Daniel-p cause me the same effort and damm he has a killer link on his profile to part of his life story.....just amazing. How old are your kids......and how is life with wife in? If moving could do then just dammitall..........move already!.....I would move frikkin anywhere if that would get my wife out!..............well, not Canada...lol....but just about anywhere!!!..........................oompa

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Oompa I had a profile up for awhile but everytime I looked at it made me sick. The whole JW thing you know. The kids are adults but still live at home.

As you know life with a JW ain't easy! I feel like I'm walking on egg shells or being sneaky.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Yep, I took an opportunity with my job to relocate to Texas. It helped with the external problems, but the internal problems remained. I wonder if I hadn't have moved would I have gone back, or would I have dealt with my... conflict for lack of a better word, sooner. What ifs ara a kinda pointless navel gazing, but with my present state of mind I would've prefered to face the external problems rather than run away from them. Then again, in my previous state of mind who knows what the result would've been had I stayed.

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- I didn't want to run. Didn't want to hide. Just wanted to be left the HELL alone by the nost elders !! That's basically it ! Just wanted to live my life in peace- unhindered ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I agree with flipper...just leave me alone is what i wanted the self-righteous ones to do. I'm not much into running....and thats what I guess keeps getting me into trouble..So needless to say I'm on everyones watch to see what happens next list around here.
    Oh well take each day as it comes and sometines grab the bull by the horns instead of running from the bullcrap

from the stand up for your rights and make sure of all things class
    Stonewall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit