A birthday in "bizarro world"

by changeling 42 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sitting in the living room reading JWD on my laptop. My elderly parents are in the adjacent dining room having lunch. My mother pulls out the "daily text" and asks: "What day is it?" May dad says: "Saturday". My mom looks in the book and says: "Oh, yes, July 19th", and reads the text.

A few minutes later, my dad sits starring at his watch. My mom asks: "What does your watch say?". My dad tells her: "It says it's one o'clock on Saturday the 19th of July". He pauses for a moment and says: "In just a couple of months I will be 85". Mom says: "And in February, I'll catch up to you."

All the while I sit here thinking: "I am your only child, who cares for your every need and it's my birthday. You have thought twice about today's date, you have thought of your own birthdays, but July 19th does not ring a bell to either of you".

WTF

changeling :)

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Changeling-After all the years it won't change. It's great to see your so close to your parents. Just enjoy what you have-h2o

• Tara
    Tara

(((((Changeling))))), I'm sorry.

Happy Birthday!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Is this your birthday?

• Casper
    Casper

I'm speechless....

Hope you have a good one, despite the situation...

Cas

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry, that's so sad. Try and have a Happy Birthday anyway!

• yknot
    yknot

Hang in there !

Love ..Yknot

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Happy birthday. That is f*&?k up .I give you a big Quebecois hug. My wife likes to call her family who are JW and wish them happy birthday, I love my wife she evil in a good way.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Well Happy Birthday Changeling......

happy b-day

eat cake

h40

• Layla33
    Layla33

Your poor thing, go out and have a blast on yourself. Get a big birthday cake, make a wish and blow out the candles. They have been too conditioned by the "religion". Enjoy your day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit