What to do???.

by integ 20 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Hey folks,

Just curious what your take would be on this.

I have a witness friend, who happens to be a radio announcer (DJ) on a rock station ( yes I know, that is weird in and of itself). Anyway, he wants to leave the "truth" but family keeps him in. There is a divorced woman (df'd) former "sister", who has been calling him up when he's on the air and making "requests". She has even gone so far as to stop out at the station where he works to visit him and "hang out".

I'm concerned for my friend. He is really a cool guy .

I don't know what advice to give him. This "sister" seems to be really making the moves on him, but he would never cheat on his wife. At least I don't think so.

Maybe this is more of a ? for Dr. Phil, but since he isn't available......

If this were your friend what would you tell him?

Thanks,

Integ.

• BFD
    BFD

Way to sticky. You know too much already.

Want advice? Butt out.

BFD

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Hi, integ. My two cents is the same regardless of any JW/exJW/nonJW angle: Your friend is married. If he wants to date or pursue other women, he should become unmarried first. The rest is just peripheral IMHO.

This sounds like a married person looking for justification to have an affair, and his main reason for holding back is "fear this is all a joke, and he is the punchline"? The real butt of this "joke" will be his wife, and regardless of the JW aspect or whether or not he's still "really" in love with his wife or whatever, I just don't think this is a cool or honorable situation at all.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

***Edited to add: The original post I was responding to now reads very differently! I understand and respect the reasoning behind the edits, I just want to clarify that I was replying to something very different -- my post, in the new context of the thread, makes me look like a bigger a$$hole than I actually am LOL. I do stand by it though ;-)

• integ
    integ

Thanks,

I had to change a couple things on original post so as not to reveal too much info.

Sorry 'bout that, but thanks again for reply.

I think you're right.

Witness or non-witness, it's still not right to be playing with fire.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Tell him to watch the movie "Play Misty For Me"

• tryingtounderstandjws
    tryingtounderstandjws

Tell your friend he should be prepared to say goodbye to two women. The one he's married to and the sister that's chasing him. Once he leaves his wife, the chase, excitement and drama will be gone for the sister and she will not think he's as exciting or dangerous. She'll leave him and he'll be alone. How do I know? It happened to me.

• changeling
    changeling

Dump the religion/keep the wife/kick the "sister" to the side of the road.

changeling :)

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well its not just this sister that is playing a game here, he is continuing to encourage her to do so by NOT discouraging her to stop what she is doing. And some people like the attention. The "I still HAVE it!" rush they get when someone is hitting on them. Just because somebody has a crush on a celeb doesnt mean they are mate material. If he is trying to get out of the JWs, getting involved with another JW, whether she is "out" or not, is even more of a risk, as people have a tendency to return sometimes.

If he wants out of his marriage, he needs to do the honorable thing and let his wife go before he becomes a self fulfilling prophecy about "people who leave Jehovah to pursue worldly things like adultery"

Remember Danny Bonaduce from the Partridge Family?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

He is probably going to hell anyway, so he should probably have sex with as many people as possible:)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Your friend is married. If he wants to date or pursue other women, he should become unmarried first.

Wow... Way to put yourself in someone else bedroom there prudie... How do you know he and his wife aren't swingers? How do you know they don't regularly have threesomes with this woman? How do YOU know that his wife hasn't been sick in some way and WANTS her husband to have someone to mess with while she's unavailable for sexual play?

Is that the situation? Probably not but how do you guys all just jump right into someone else's bedroom?

Best advice? HE'S A FLIPPING ADULT LET HIM MAKE HIS OWN CHOICES IN THE BEDROOM! Unless YOUR part of his bedroom life (r u?) you have no business involving yourself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit